Really Nice Weekend

Bluebell

The weather has been perfect :320_sun_with_face:

Have seen the old NBN symbol here and there on boats out and about, and even spotted Malanka 'in the flesh' floating around Womack in the sun- stunning! 

Now I just need more of this weather next month too, I wonder where I can put the order in.... :1355_pray_tone1:

• Like 1

Yes, I too have enjoyed the Easter weekend and didn't manage to get hit once which is a bonus as usually, we manage to get some damage on the northern Broads in the silly season which basically has just begun, I have noticed since the re-profiling of banks although we have lost a lot of the wild Moorings, I think it would be quite easy to establish others but with reeds instead of grass I have my eye on a few sites, I will keep you posted, regards Ted

IMGA0006.JPG

• Like 1

I’m glad to hear that you avoided being hit over the weekend, unlike a certain boater on another site.

Not wishing to be too controversial, I thought the standards of boatmanship were pretty good on our trip out, apart from the usual speeding. We did see the rangers warning boaters of speeding at How Hill.

Roll on our next trip out!

• Like 4

We had and are still having a marvelous time out on the old lady “in the flesh”. Weather has been super. Off up to Coltishal tomorrow and a slow pootle it will be, really enjoying cruising at 3.5 mph this weekend after our engine service. 

We met Doug and Hele in Wroxham Easter Saturday and took them for a trip to Ranworth and back with a spot of lunch thrown in. We even made the BBC website as they posted a picture of us emerging from Wroxham bridge which my brother in South Carolina noticed and sent us a text. 

Gosh Malanka on the BBC whatever next! 

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are staying in Drakes Dyke which is the 3rd house on the left as you enter Wroxham.  We have a day boat as well and cannot believe our luck with the weather!  Quite entertaining watching the day boat rush hours!  Including the Richos day boat at 9pm last night navigating by a mobile phone torch and sounding well lubricated. Feel sorry for any Richos staff having to stay behind to deal with them!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, eddybear said:

Yes, I too have enjoyed the Easter weekend and didn't manage to get hit once which is a bonus as usually, we manage to get some damage on the northern Broads in the silly season which basically has just begun, I have noticed since the re-profiling of banks although we have lost a lot of the wild Moorings, I think it would be quite easy to establish others but with reeds instead of grass I have my eye on a few sites, I will keep you posted, regards Ted

IMGA0006.JPG

You're moored pretty much opposite me there -)