Hw Webcam

jeffbroadslover

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:13, Paladin said:

I'm the only one on NBF who says it borders on the intrusive, so it's killjoy, not killjoys. As a local resident, I can see no reason at all for the camera to be set to zoom into public areas, and even some of the riverside chalets on the other side of the river. How does that enhance the enjoyment of the Broads?

If you are worried about being intrusive, check out google maps. If you know where I live and from the comfort of your armchair, the street view will show you what my house looks like and possibly the type of cars on my driveway. The satellite will show you my back garden and possible access for undesired guests. I'm not alone in all this.

I really like the web cam and it gives great views of the rivers and surrounding countryside, plus for the first time I took interest in those zig zagging flappy things that you can see in the distance on one of the views!

Also since Barnes reduced the viewing shots of their webcam, it has become a bit boring and the only thing they have on offer is the air draft available under the Wroxham bridge. Which by the way the weather we are having recently, someone is going to have to get the paint brush out and get the job of marking 8ft on the marker post. Yippeee!

I really don't think it intrudes on anyone's privacy and the homes in question are more likely to be holiday homes and lets face it, you get a closer view on 3 private homes that I am assuming on the Barnes webcam.

• Like 3

Just had a look at the new web cam, fantastic picture quality. Personally  I cant see anything  that could be called  intrusive. Zoom in on a public area, find that a bit of a bizarre comment it's a public  area. I could quite happily walk around the seating area by the bridge filming on my phone as do many thousands of day trippers each month. Just dont get that point what so ever, I'm sure that herbert woods thought about all the privacy and data protection issues before this web cam went live, just enjoy the views. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, KaptinKev said:

If you are worried about being intrusive, check out google maps. If you know where I live and from the comfort of your armchair, the street view will show you what my house looks like and possibly the type of cars on my driveway.

Found it highly amusing on Google street view when I "drove" down my road and saw my neighbours' daughter had parked on our drive while we were out whenever it was that the Google car had driven round!! :default_rofl:

• Haha 1

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:23, SwanR said:

Found it highly amusing on Google street view when I "drove" down my road and saw my neighbours' daughter had parked on our drive while we were out whenever it was that the Google car had driven round!! :default_rofl:

Well it looks like I am going to have my 5 minutes of fame, about 3 weeks ago the camera van came past just as I was about to leave for work in my van. If I had of known, I would of put a shirt and tie on. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, KaptinKev said:

Well it looks like I am going to have my 5 minutes of fame, about 3 weeks ago the camera van came past just as I was about to leave for work in my van. If I had of known, I would of put a shirt and tie on. :default_biggrin:

Just a Shirt and Tie?

I didn't know there was a naturist enclave in Ipswich.

• Haha 3