Just Back From

Bedslad

A week on the broads, stayed in potter heigham in one of the chalets with a day boat hired for the week with it.

i can honestly say I've never seen the broads as quiet, and we've been regulars on them for the last 15 years, here's hoping someone has a brainwave to kickstart these wonderful rivers and amenities 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Certainly 'down South' is amazingly quiet this year, despite some incredible weather.

We just got back this afternoon from a week on the southern rivers where last weekend, the moorings on the Yare and Chet were absolutely rammed. We could only get moored in Pacifics yard, which was welcome, as it was nearly 8.30 when we got there. AND, it was very busy all week, with lots of boats moving around on all three rivers.

1 minute ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

We just got back this afternoon from a week on the southern rivers where last weekend, the moorings on the Yare and Chet were absolutely rammed. We could only get moored in Pacifics yard, which was welcome, as it was nearly 8.30 when we got there. AND, it was very busy all week, with lots of boats moving around on all three rivers.

I must have been in a bubble of quietness! Good to read that visiting boats are there, somewhere!

19 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I must have been in a bubble of quietness! Good to read that visiting boats are there, somewhere!

Maybe they are all just trying to avoid you JM :default_hiding:

We were out in May both North and South and I would say it was fairly average. The price jumps up around 50 percent in June so that may explain why it's quieter. It does seem that the 'high end' boats are more popular too although the lower priced ones will no doubt be out in force when the price hikes up for the school holidays. 

• Like 1