Super Sunday

Well thank heavens the cricket has actually started, I was just about going mad with all the mindless cackle that TV channels dig out to "big up" these events.

Not very impressed with England's start though. I thought when NZwon the toss and batted given the moisture that's around and the green tinge of the pitch that it might be a good toss to lose, as surely Eoin would have batted too, such is the trend in this tournament. 

Sorry Speed, being serious wasn't it that fella from Northern Ireland?

Given his performances in WSBK in recent years Jonny Rea doesn't get the credit and recognition he deserves. I used to be a great fan of WSBK in the Foggy era but find it boring nowadays. As for Moto GP I haven't watched a race since Barry Sheene last fell off. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

Sorry Speed, being serious wasn't it that fella from Northern Ireland?

Given his performances in WSBK in recent years Jonny Rea doesn't get the credit and recognition he deserves. I used to be a great fan of WSBK in the Foggy era but find it boring nowadays. As for Moto GP I haven't watched a race since Barry Sheene last fell off. 

I know what you mean. WSB is so predictable now, and Moto GP will only ever be a Spanish World Championship until the FIA (who govern ALL forms of motorsport) take away the running of it from Spanish governing body DORNA. Every factory team bar Ducati have at least one Spanish rider, some even have both. Only SOME satelite teams have non Spanish riders. 

Now BSB, that`s a different story, awesome racing, and the riders are proper enthusiasts.

51 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Moto GP will only ever be a Spanish World Championship until the FIA (who govern ALL forms of motorsport) take away the running of it from Spanish governing body DORNA

Is it the FIA? They deal with Automobiles. In my day watching bikes, GP, SBK, Speedway it was the FIM.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

FIA or FIM I agree with your assessment. DORNA and their paymasters Repsol are killing, even have killed MotoGP

Absolutely spot on. They`ve already killed off the excitement of WSB by dumbing it down to ensure it never eclipses Moto GP again. I remember in the late 90s, the 500GP at Donnington Park achieved a crowd of 18,000ish over the 3 days, yet when WSB was at Brands Hatch the same time, it was regularly attracting crowds of 120,000, i was there too, what an awesome experience, and some awesome racing.

5 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Lewis just won ,making it his sixth British GP.Well done Lewis.

I won`t watch it. Every time i watch something and cheer someone on, they always lose, so now i always watch the re runs and hilights, so i can`t jinx them :default_laugh:.

• Haha 1

Lewis showing his class right at the end. Bottas pits for fresh tyres to take fastest lap, Lewis says no need, even on 40 lap old hard tyres I can still go faster than you, takes it back on the final lap. Most wins ever at the British Grand Prix, another record falls to Hamilton.

Whilst it's hard to compare drivers from different eras it's hard to argue against Hamilton being the best ever F1 driver. How many more titles he wins will be pretty much down to how long he wants to keep going. 

Have to say it's nice to see an F1 race "finish" at the chequered flag. We've had a couple of wierd ones. 

• Like 4

On the split screen the cricket is looking tense. I can't beleive that Lords has produced a slow, sticky, green pitch for the final, exactly the sort of pitch England struggle on. I would have bet my mortgage on a straw coloured fast pitch, ball coming on to the bat suiting Englands stroke players. 

I don't think England bowled too well early on, they dragged it back in the last few overs but 240 on this pitch will not be easy. Joe Root may well be key.   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Whilst it's hard to compare drivers from different eras it's hard to argue against Hamilton being the best ever F1 driver. How many more titles he wins will be pretty much down to how long he wants to keep going.  

I agree, there were several question marks against some of Schumackers titles, still using traction control after it was outlawed, "illegal engines", strict penalties for rule infringements that were never applied to him, team mates were never allowed to compete fairly with or beat him, etc etc etc. What do you expect from a multi billion pound business, and that`s what it is, business, not a sport these days.