Baked Scotch Eggs

Hylander

Dont really think that you would do this on a boat but you could make at home and they make a change from the normal run of the mill tasteless versions you buy.

Pre:  15 min   serves 4

1lb of pork sausages or whatever you like

4 hard boiled eggs - about 6 mins each egg.

Bag of Panko Crumbs

1 egg beaten

Some plain flour.

Skin the sausages and make into 4 equal patties.

Roll each hard boiled egg in flour to coat, place on sausage patty and shape sausage around egg.   Dip each into beaten egg and then coat well with the crumbs.

Bake in over 35 mins or until sausage meat is thoroughly cooked.

No need for oil and all that frying.   They tastes scrummy.

Scotch Eggs.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, hazelgirl said:

Omg they look a delight, I love cooking and baking on a dank wet winter Sunday if I get the time, having two very needy horses makes me too tired to bother a lot of the time :default_sad:

They look absolutely gorgeous don't they? I love cooking too unfortunately cooking doesn't love me. I can burn salad :default_biggrin:

Well done Mrs H, they look scrummy

Grace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

Dont really think that you would do this on a boat but you could make at home and they make a change from the normal run of the mill tasteless versions you buy.

Actually just as easy to do on a boat, I have done these and have them with a salad the next day, have always found that my boat  oven will reach a good temperature similar to the one at home, as I follow slimming world I tend to use  low-fat sausages I have made the Scotch eggs with chicken Italia sausages skins removed flattened out into a circle and then wrapped round a semi-hard-boiled egg dipped in beaten egg and then breadcrumbs get it right so the yoke isn't too hard and they are delicious as for breadcrumbs tend to buy them in the packet far easier on a boat

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Hylander said:

Pre:  15 min   serves 4

1lb of pork sausages or whatever you like

4 hard boiled eggs - about 6 mins each egg.

Bag of Panko Crumbs

1 egg beaten

Some plain flour.

Skin the sausages and make into 4 equal patties.

Roll each hard boiled egg in flour to coat, place on sausage patty and shape sausage around egg.   Dip each into beaten egg and then coat well with the crumbs.

Bake in over 35 mins or until sausage meat is thoroughly cooked.

No need for oil and all that frying.   They tastes scrummy.

Scotch Eggs.jpg

Any chance you will be afloat and near Brundall on the 14th September, after you made a batch of a dozen of them?. Just a hint of course. 

On 18/07/2019 at 17:00, eddybear said:

Actually just as easy to do on a boat, I have done these and have them with a salad the next day, have always found that my boat  oven will reach a good temperature similar to the one at home, as I follow slimming world I tend to use  low-fat sausages I have made the Scotch eggs with chicken Italia sausages skins removed flattened out into a circle and then wrapped round a semi-hard-boiled egg dipped in beaten egg and then breadcrumbs get it right so the yoke isn't too hard and they are delicious as for breadcrumbs tend to buy them in the packet far easier on a boat

eddybear:-   found your slimming world recipe and I will try next time.      Although I personally like the Scotch eggs when warm and first cooked ,  I am not a fan of cold scotch eggs.     I am going to go to Iceland and get some of the Slimming World sausages and try them next time.   A good plus is no breadcrumbs so got to be much better for you all round.   Thank you for the tip.

Before anyone gets upset,  this is not from Slimming World but was in Saturdays Daily Mail so ok for me to pass on.

Slimming World Scotch eggs (2).PNG

4 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Ahhh, Hot Scotch eggs. I remember from my pub working days, that particular delight. (Oh hell, this means I'm agreeing with ST again) but I'm not sure about "synfree sausages"

Don't worry John, I'm still Aller........... no, I won't say it