Trailer Alarm

ExSurveyor

A Local farmer had trouble with prowlers, he had a old 12bore blank alarm which he fitted in side the barn door,  one morning he found the gate open and a pr pants heaverly soiled in the yard and  the alarm had been triggered, he had no further trouble after that. John

• Like 1

I've seen a few decommissioned ones, at least I assume they have been decommissioned. 

Thing is unless you are of the Rambo persuasion you cannot fire one of those shoulder mounted without doing yersen in.  It'd be kinda strange having it boat mounted in a pond on your drive.  Even then you would take out most of your neighbourhood 

Griff

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I've seen a few decommissioned ones, at least I assume they have been decommissioned. 

Thing is unless you are of the Rambo persuasion you cannot fire one of those shoulder mounted without doing yersen in.  It'd be kinda strange having it boat mounted in a pond on your drive.  Even then you would take out most of your neighbourhood 

Griff

My old Group Scoutmaster had one, every year the winning patrol was loaded into the CA Bedford van to witness the ceremonial firing of the beast over the marshes between Woodbridge and Waldringfield. It involved a sweetie bag of black powder followed by a bag of assorted tin tacks and shot. The smoke screen and recoil was a sight to behold! I don't think he'd get away With it today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stumpy said:

My old Group Scoutmaster had one, every year the winning patrol was loaded into the CA Bedford van to witness the ceremonial firing of the beast over the marshes between Woodbridge and Waldringfield. It involved a sweetie bag of black powder followed by a bag of assorted tin tacks and shot. The smoke screen and recoil was a sight to behold! I don't think he'd get away With it today.

Now I would pay to see that!

As if I needed another excuse to visit Woodbridge.