Pub Quiz

Firstly mods - if this is inappropriate here please let me know!!

Inspired by Fireman Sam, I thought I'd try out a little observation quiz. I'm not claiming these are easy and are designed to make you think. A test for the observant!

All the pubs are on the Northern rivers and are in reasonable walking distance from the moorings.

Pub Quiz.jpg

• Like 1

Ooh err, I missed this Mr Nog, I dont really pay attention to signs but I'll have a go.

A - I'm thinking...

B - Definitely Lion at Thurne (I hope)

C - I'm thinking...

D - Hmm, I'm not sure but is it The Falgate Inn? 

Give me time :default_smiley-angelic002:

It is difficult - you are spot on with B - well done

A is not the easiest to get to by river but is a Broads pub. 

You've been in C very recently :default_biggrin:

You are very close with D - if you happen to know the landlord and landlady it makes sense (lovely couple) 

I think perhaps the rest of us should leave these boys to play their guessing games. ☹️
I think I might try and find the time to produce some scenic pictures to identify for us ladies and the non-drinkers (or light drinkers - if indeed there are any!)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I think perhaps the rest of us should leave these boys to play their guessing games. ☹️
I think I might try and find the time to produce some scenic pictures to identify for us ladies and the non-drinkers (or light drinkers - if indeed there are any!)

Light drinkers! Is there such a thing? :default_norty:

Don't be put off lady V - need to get you and Helen and Jean in training. 

I might do gin menus next time. It was difficult - I'll have a think. 

I have no idea on any of these!! Did think about starting a quiz of my own but as I’ve only been in one pub this trip so far, and posted from there last night, I don’t think it would be very difficult!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

I have no idea on any of these

Aw, don't be put off Jean :default_biggrin:

I just notice odd quirks when I go around the pubs so thought of this, purely as a one off. As I mentioned to Lady V I'll have a go at something else, maybe a more general picture quiz might be better. Leave it with me!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Sorry Grace, no. It is an excellent pub though :default_beerchug:

Ahh, I thought when you said excellent pub.....lovely landlord and landlady was a give away :facepalm: I never ruddy get these things right :default_biggrin: Yes a superb pub 

Jay and Grace x

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I never ruddy get these things right :default_biggrin:

Maybe guess something other than the Bridge for once :default_biggrin:

And you get lots of things right darling :default_icon_kiss:

Surlingham Ferry. A very wild guess. (I can almost hear the ‘tuh’s’).

...and it’s no use starting off a gin menu theme. Love it, but can’t afford it, apart from the very occasional treat. Gin menu = crazy prices!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Gin menu = crazy prices

So I keep telling Mrs Nog!!! :default_drinks: she doesn't seem too enthusiastic about the half of shandy though.........:default_biggrin:

22 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Surlingham Ferry

Fraid not Helen. I did mention they were all Northern rivers. If no one gets it I might have to give a little clue.

8 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

If no one gets it I might have to give a little clue.

No need my friend, a good sleep does the world of good and I reckon that

D is The Dog Inn at Ludham Bridge

Maybe do a trip advisor reports quiz on pubs, not local to broads but one of my locals.....

Strangest Landlord Ever

I came into this pub for a quick drink before moving on, it has the strangest landlord I have ever seen running a pub constantly swearing this rude man really loved the sound of his own voice. He then proceeded to break wind & stink his own pub out walking round the place saying "That's a good one I haven't done one as good as that for ages" I could not believe what I was seeing & hearing he must of been nearly 70 & acting like a delinquent child, The music was on the jukebox & he proceeded to spin round & round telling everyone that this was "Northern soul dancing" more likely an excuse to break wind again & spread it about the pub even quicker, his staff seemed a bit embarrassed by him & I felt sorry for them. A strange man indeed, the good points were that the beer was good the place was clean & the staff were polite & friendly & I would of given this place 4 stars if it wasn't for the person running it. I left & headed off to somewhere normal.

The worrying bit is that anyone that drinks in there regular WILL recognise it straight away from this report. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1