The Start Of A Scam ???

I received an intriguing e-mail yesterday and I can't make my mind up as to whether it's the start of a scam, a mistake or what!!

it was labelled "Holiday", and it was listed as being from "Me" I have edited the e-mail address but it gave a name and surname  <shirley.*****@btinternet.com>

The text was

"I have sent you a check but I need to change the date to July 4 and 5 July if this is possible please thank you Shirley"

"Sent from my iPad"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No links to click on, no requests for info, nothing I can see, so, What's the game???

Your views please!

Check the properties of the e.mail. What you see is sometimes just a display so can say anything and look sensible. Properties will show up if that actually is the e.mail. If the actual e.mail looks dodgy then definitely a scam. If real, then possibly a mistake. Is your e.mail easy to misstype?

Currently receiving emails meant for a gentleman of the same name who has just signed up with Vodafone so rang him to say that I can see the details. He thanked me for letting him know but wasn't happy but the emails keep coming.

The second one is monthly statements from a little known building society, with  this one the middle initial is different and I have to enter a password so I've directed them to the spam box as pretty sure that it is dodgy. 

I've had a couple now where they have said they have seen my details online and could I give a quote for building work!  The first one I sent a reply to saying I think they had the wrong person but after the second (some weeks apart) I ignored it and just put it in my spam folder

Just a bit odd!

Liz

MM. please confirm date change.      Liz, still waiting for estimate for building a boat shed.                         To Paul, three portions of 22, two 11 and 3 120 please. Do you all charge extra for services Nigeria, please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1