Travelodge

johnb

We booked a night at Acle Travelodge this week in order to visit the boat and de-winterize it. We chose a cheaper booking which had a no cancellation clause. In view of the governments guidelines I cancelled the booking on line and it confirmed there would be no compensation. Absolutely no problem. But within a few hours we received a full value voucher to be used in the future. Well done travelodge- they may not be everyone’s cup of tea but they fulfill a need for us. 

• Like 11

Wonderful to finally read a report from someone who accepted that this current situation is not the fault of the company they booked with and due to their choice to not have paid for insurance didn’t expect a refund and then get agressive with the company.

And well done Travelodge for exceeding your legal obligations  

• Like 2

I would recommend the Travelodge at Acle as I've used it quite a few times over the Winter. I took Mrs Raser last time on Friday 13th. We cleaned the room with antiseptic wipes before we touched anything; seems ages ago now!

Always soap in the shower despenser but never in the foam one next to the WHB. But always good value, usually £30 for a Friday night. I used to go after work and get there around 21.30 so as to make full use of the daylight on the Saturday. Handy M&S Food at the garage on the same site and a Starbucks for well, Starbucks types.

There's an Acle sign just by the entrance but what ever you do, DON'T LOOK AT IT! Just below it is one of those signs which says,".. Nope, I just can't bring myself to type it... but it could take over your mind if you see it.:default_coat:

• Haha 3

Didn’t comment on this earlier but a colleague was told he could no longer stay after a full 12 hour shift at work yesterday 

they put a note under his room door during the day they said

wouldnt return the rest of the weeks booking money either said it takes time

travelodge my ar5e

maybe my premier inn will do the same to me tonight :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

• Like 1

To give it some balance, we were booked into a Hotel at the NEC on Saturday.

As usual we went for the cheaper option and were expecting to lose the cost of the booking, but they've cancelled it for nothing so that's a bit of a result.

• Like 1

When ever we book either Travelodge cringleford or Premiere inn Broadlands we always do the cheaper option... Saying that the way the prices have rocketed up this year I would pay the extra...

I’m still trying to get our money back from my insurance over the Flybe collapse ...No rush because we our not going anywhere for a while.... :default_drinks: