Proper Miffed

Is there owt that has peed any of us lately?

Here's mine

This morning I'm up at 0630 Why? Coz my body clock says so.  That's not got me miffed as it's normally a regular occurrence.

The noise of falling water then came to the fore. What has got me somewhat annoyed is the guttering at the back of our house, or more precisely the down pipe.  It's blocked. 

Seeing as it is hammering it down here the rain water is over topping the gutter and splashing down onto the block paving, it is also wetting the brickwork through from the topp op the house downwards too not to mention being proper noisy.

Those of you that read the 'My Day' thread will remember I cleaned out all the gutterings so how has this happened?  Yet AGAIN  It's my neighbour that we are joined onto (We live in a semi detached hovel).  He has not cleaned out his gutterings in years as I do it for him.  This time however he insisted he was going to do it himself - Yes you have guessed it - He didn't.

Consequently all the built up moss / rubbish in his gutter due to the extra heavy rain will have moved along to the downpipe which I am responsible for and blocked it at the swan neck good and proper.

This means that as soon as my t'other neighbour arises I am going to have to get the ladders out AGAIN, (We share them and they are stored in his garage) get my wet weather gear on, get up there and sort it out.  I'm not happy as this should have been so easily avoided - AGAIN :default_badday:

Griff

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Funny that, having just read your post Griff, I just checked our gutters here in Norfolk as earlier this year we had a man round to clear them and fix the seals. We’ve had virtually no rain since then so it was a good time to check they were okay.... and they are 👍

• Like 2