Front Hull's

Andrewcook

Why did Low Wash Hulls Boats was Built with out any further investigation on it's  usefulness  and  was replaced back once again to V Hulls to all Newer Boats with too much wash now as they have been proven  since the Early Years of Jack Powels such  as Broads Ambition and Herbert Woods with Light Boats in the Early years. One other note when will the Hybrid Engines will be done in the Near Future?

Martham Boats did low wash hulls long before plastic low wash hulls were built. I suspect that the reversion to V hulls is in order to build a boat that is not just suited to the Broads thus making maximum use of the hull tooling. The other factor might be that some of the recent low wash hireboat hulls are just so damned ugly which might affect subsequent sale to the private sector.

• Like 1

Lightning (and I would imagine Thunder, Beam of Light etc) is very low wash. I presume the shape of the hull is the main reason, but the draught which I was told by a Brooms engineer is no more than 21" could also be a factor.

12 minutes ago, webntweb said:

Lightning (and I would imagine Thunder, Beam of Light etc) is very low wash. I presume the shape of the hull is the main reason, but the draught which I was told by a Brooms engineer is no more than 21" could also be a factor.

One of the main ways it's achieved on the Diamond 43 is by having a very shallow rear end - If you've had the floorboards up at the rear you realise just how little distance there is between the river and the carpet.

That helps smooth the wash out and is the same trick some of the old woodies used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1