Charity Shops In And Near Norwich

YnysMon

Some charity shops do, others don’t. Depends whether they have PAT trained staff. The ones I found that do seem to be in the centre of Norwich, so not ideal. However, I think we have a solution. A lovely forum member based in the area has offered to help out. 

• Like 1

You do not need to be qualified to do PAT you just need to be a competent person.

I could do it as a time qualified Mech and Elec engineer.

"No specific qualifications are required, the regulations only require the testing to be done by a competent person. The definition of a competent person in the regulations is - "A person possessing sufficient technical knowledge or experience to be capable of ensuring that injury is prevented".

But I expect insurance would say different.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AndyTBoater said:

I am pretty sure British Heart Foundation take stuff like that. Or at least they did a couple of years ago.

And they have a collection service as well

https://www.bhf.org.uk/shop/donating-goods/book-furniture-collection-near-me

Andy

Beat me to it but you cant drive past in Norwich as its Buses Taxis & Cycling only

Yes, I spotted British Heart Foundation but realised they weren't in the most convenient location and I didn't think just collecting one item would be worth their while. 

Doesn't matter now as a fellow forumite has offered to post it on a local website. Free to a good home!

35 minutes ago, floydraser said:

For the record there is a tiny charity shop in Brundall but I'm not sure if they're open in the present circumstances. 

It is open 3 days a week, not sure if it takes electrical items though, seems to be books, small amount of clothing and what I would call odds n sods, parking is a nightmare though.

There is a popular local website where people can buy, sell or offer items for free and recommend local trades if somebody puts a "help" call out and It seems to well suported by the village.

Soon to be a small town with all the new houses being built.