Diameter Or Pitch For New Prop.

Thanks for all your help with this. Progress will be made and i will update you as to the results

I have a couple of days spare next week so will...

1. Get digital rev counter thing

2. Sort out tickover (700 RPM ish)

Robin - thanks for the offer. I probably wont be over your end of the world until the wooden weekend. Will chat more and sort something out. (or I may well cancel all my work and pottle over before then. I will let you know)

• 2 weeks later...

Newsflash - Newsflash - Newsflash

Tickover reduced to 700 rpm - Check

17x13 prop purchased (on the recommendation of Peachment's and with advice from this forum - Check

Getting the boat out and prop changed - ongoing. :(

Everyone I have contacted has either said that they will call me or that I should ring back "in a week or so".

Anyway. I shall report back on progress and stuff

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Andy

• Like 7

Yo Ho Ho Etc.

Eric at Cox`s fitted the new prop this morning. Quick pootle down to Potter - just to make sure it wont fall off.

Its blimmin transformed the boat. It now turns better and is a lot more responsive to throttle inputs (Read that as actually slowing down when going from forward to reverse in slightly less than geological time). 

1000rpm is about 4MPH (give or take a tide/ wind combo) Did an easy 6mph in the bit that allows you to do 6mph and nothing vibrated off the shelves. Its a miracle Guvnor.

And I can now do the How Hill run in less than 12 parsecs !!!

I haven't measured the old prop yet but it looks significantly smaller than the 17x13 thats now attached. 

Thanks for all your advice

An(dy) Solo

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just for info I have now measured the old prop and it seems to be (calculations done twice) a 16x10 which is a bit different to the 17x13 now attached. No wonder she was revving slightly.

Anyone in need of a 16x10 x 3 blade in VGC with a 1.25" shaft?

Toot Toot

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyTBoater said:

Anyone in need of a 16x10 x 3 blade in VGC with a 1.25" shaft?

Our prop hit a submerged object a few days ago and we now have a shudder/vibration under power, she's out of the water on Friday for a check!... 💰 🤑 💸 

6 hours ago, Jemaki said:
7 hours ago, AndyTBoater said:

Our prop hit a submerged object a few days ago and we now have a shudder/vibration under power, she's out of the water on Friday for a check!... 💰 🤑 💸 

Where about did this happens?

We had to lift Kingfisher out last week when she acquired a lump of best Axminster round the prop on Oulton Broad.  

These exceptionally low tides and shallower areas seem to be allowing all sorts of detritus to be disturbed from the river bed.