Fantastic Week

PAULG

Well we have just got back from what can only be described as a stunning week on the north broads.

This was our second visit and we have already booked our third in June next year.

The boat Evening Light 2 was spot on and a big thanks to Herbert Wood’s, they have come in for a bit of criticism on trip advisor but our experience was overall very good. Hand over could have been a bit quicker but we were not going anywhere on the Saturday evening due to the three rivers race.

We managed to get under Wroxham bridge this year and had a lovely night in Coltishall (this was our longest trip Barton Turf to Coltishall).

It’s going to seem like a long wait till next year.

20210605_161509.jpg

20210606_112826.jpg

20210606_132746.jpg

20210608_111715.jpg

20210609_135659.jpg

20210611_084853.jpg

20210607_160712.jpg

20210607_112636.jpg

20210606_200921.jpg

• Like 17

Your opportunity to opt out now appears to have been lost.  Be warned, this could get expensive.  52 years after my first visit, many years of hiring, syndicate membership and now boat ownership and I look forward to my next visit now as much as I did the first time! 😁

• Like 7

Guest MrTumble

Good to hear that you enjoyed your visit and have been bitten by the Broads bug mate, like Mouldy says, I've been a hirer then syndicate owner and have now got my own boat and I can never wait to get back to the river's once I'm on my way back home.

Fortunately I'm still there right now:default_norty: 

39 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

Lovely pictures and glad you had a good time. As others have said it is addictive! 

How did you get on with finding mooring spots? It sounds like it's super busy this year. 

We didn't have any issues but yes it was busy. We tended to get moored up for mid afternoon and then go off walking or drinking :default_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1