Up For Sale, Again!

Buttle

Probably, in fact, little potential at all!!!

Piling each property to 60' might be a bit expensive, the land undoubtedly floods and with the silt in the river any basin dug would quickly silt up again. Look at the other two yards further upstream, where it has happened and at the freehold berths on the other ide of the river!!

To me it looks what it actually is - a desolate piece of marsh in a semi industrial landscape fit for not a lot, other than weasel agent speak!!!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WherryNice said:

Interesting choice of photo used to demo an Alphacraft in the article!

I quite agree.  When I saw that I thought it was in disgustingly bad taste.  It added nothing at all to the subject of the article and it would have been better not to show a boat at all.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, andyg said:

I hadn't realised just how big the site is. Definitely scope to build a fair few properties there.

Erm! You do know who the local planning authority are? :default_norty:

Unfortunately anyone looking to buy that land and not realise they are buying a massive headache is sadly deluded. You would need planning permission for so much as passing wind :344_dash: there. There must be all manner of old industrial waste from old moulds to old chemical drums lying around. My guess is that whoever bought it would soon come under pressure from the BA to cleanse the plot and if they had their way, return it to nature. For anything else expect a very long battle.

• Like 1

Whilst BA is the Planning Authority & the Planning Committee includes representatives from all of the District & County Councils. They are guided by the Broads Local Plan as well as the relevant County with regard to flooding & highway access and if contamination is involved the Environment Agency who will also have input re Flood Prevention.

It's an industrial site on an industrial estate. it comprises a one track type A1 gravel track, that goes the length of said industrial estate. Getting planning permission for residential on there is pie in the sky thinking.