Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

Arrived late (for us) last night but just in time to grab a take away from Noodle King Stalham , which as always was excellent .

Departed the wet shed at 08:00 , gentle cruise down the Ant now moored up “at home” .

Bit wet and drizzle falling but I’m afloat so 😁IMG_4301.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Had a lovely visit from Bikertov whilst I was watching the FA Cup final in The Maltsters , tried the Black Sheep bitter and Taylor’s Boltmaker both excellent but I favour the Boltmaker.

Lovely to see you again sir and thank you for popping over 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Had a lovely visit from Bikertov whilst I was watching the FA Cup final in The Maltsters , tried the Black Sheep bitter and Taylor’s Boltmaker both excellent but I favour the Boltmaker.

Lovely to see you again sir and thank you for popping over 

It was great to see you both again, having spent a great weekend at the meet-up last week too.

I saw from your post you were on the taxi rank, and as I has a few hours spare thought it's only a few miles by road from Brundall 

You have a great boat there, another nudge to me that I need to get a bigger  boat :default_rofl:

Thanks too for the drink - remind me next time it's my round :default_beerchug:

• Like 3

Left Ranworth , just before 10:00 and decided to pop up on the ridiculous off chance Horning Green was possible , no surprise that is was full , about turn and up the Ant , through Ludham Bridge where the last spot after the woodie was free so in we went ; lovely sausage roll for me and an almond croissant for Katie in Dollies , very good it was too .

We had a marvellous evening in the Maltsters and were pleased by the appearance of Purdey , accompanied by Griff and his weekend crew 

Now just relaxing watching the boats pass by enjoying a lull in the rain 

IMG_4303.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bikertov said:

. . . . . . . You have a great boat there, another nudge to me that I need to get a bigger  boat :default_rofl:

Uh-oh!  That’s not a good sign!  You need to have a chat to @Ray and @Lulu about membership of the multiple boats in a year club!  :default_coat:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Left Ranworth , just before 10:00 and decided to pop up on the ridiculous off chance Horning Green was possible , no surprise that is was full , about turn and up the Ant , through Line d’Hamid Bridge

Having seen you as you passed Ranworth Island as I was departing for Boulter’s, I must say I was surprised to see you going past again as I left Boulter’s dyke. 

And that bridge isn’t on my map!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Uh-oh!  That’s not a good sign!  You need to have a chat to @Ray and @Lulu about membership of the multiple boats in a year club!  :default_coat:

Yeah, you lot are a bad influence on me

But maybe I will keep my 29 as a tender for the next one  :default_stinky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Bikertov said:

But maybe I will keep my 29 as a tender for the next one  :default_stinky:

I think you need to at least take the current one through a lock before buying a new one :default_biggrin:

On the plus side, if you did buy a bigger one, you could do so on the Broads where you can actually use the thing!

I'd considered going kayaking at Hartford over the weekend, but even that's out because of the SSA.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spend the day at Womack , but overcast and chilly but hey ho , a couple we met at Ranworth with a couple of young boys turned up so Bramble had play mates again to throw her ball for her so she is in heaven , great carvery in the Kings Arms then we left after having a pump out (£20) and cruised up the Ant decided to try our luck at Neateshead and managed to sneak in at the back at 17:30 , wondrous , work tomorrow so early start for home sadly .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...