Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

9 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Also drove through Catfield yesterday. Is the Crown worth a visit?

Is a traditional village pub , excellent ales , good honest food and great company .

Currently due to ill health food is only available on Friday / Saturday and some Wednesdays so if looking for food best to ring them first 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We had a very good lunch in the Swan , but no real ale due to a failed delivery 😢, had to make do with Guinness , since moved on and now moored up at Neateshead staithe , guess I will have to sample The White Horse later to make up for lunchtimes deprivation 

IMG_4006.jpeg

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

We had a very good lunch in the Swan , but no real ale due to a failed delivery 😢, had to make do with Guinness , since moved on and now moored up at Neateshead staithe , guess I will have to sample The White Horse later to make up for lunchtimes deprivation 

IMG_4006.jpeg

Good move :1311_thumbsup_tone2: if there's no beer on I'd have gone for Guinness, I'm sure the White Horse will have made up for it though :default_beerchug:

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

IMG_4006.jpeg

My husband found that out last night. They told him they had been busy so he went to the New Inn where they had one!!!! 

2 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Sadly time to go home , typical , it’s warm with clear blue skies this morning , back for Easter 

IMG_4009.jpeg

We were down on Saturday, idylic, a few hours of sunshine were most welcome after what has felt like the longest, wettest winter, ever. We are back for easter, the forecast doesn't look too promising.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chrisdobson45 said:

. . . . We are back for easter, the forecast doesn't look too promising.

The state of the weather is open to question at any time of the year.  As Easter is relatively early this year anyway, the chances of it being good are probably a little less than usual.  As for the forecast, they struggle to get it right for tomorrow, so predictions for what will happen in an eleven days time should probably be taken with a pinch of salt (whatever that means).

We certainly hope to be afloat over the Bank Holiday.  Certainly feeling deprived of opportunities over what has seemed such a long, wet winter.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

The state of the weather is open to question at any time of the year.  As Easter is relatively early this year anyway, the chances of it being good are probably a little less than usual.  As for the forecast, they struggle to get it right for tomorrow, so predictions for what will happen in an eleven days time should probably be taken with a pinch of salt (whatever that means).

We certainly hope to be afloat over the Bank Holiday.  Certainly feeling deprived of opportunities over what has seemed such a long, wet winter.

We will be afloat irrspective of what the weather throws at us. There's a certain pleasure in listening to the rain on the cabin. I'll probably invest in a wellington rack for the cockpit...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chrisdobson45 said:

We will be afloat irrspective of what the weather throws at us. There's a certain pleasure in listening to the rain on the cabin. 

You should have bought the Denham Owl before I started work on her; not only could you hear the rain on the cabin, you would have had the added thrill of watching the rain come into the cabin to join you, as it passed either side of the main 240V consumer unit. :default_sailing:

Actually, I may be speaking too soon as I haven't been over since removing the cover....:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, grendel said:

best get away early tomorrow as thats the first day of charging- I bet they will be round and asking for money as soon as they arrive.

Thought charges applied from April 1st, which is a most appropriate date, tbh.

• Like 1

Joking aside, I'd be surprised if someone wasn't at Ranworth collecting fees tomorrow.

What did surprise me is that they've got river rangers out today. I noticed one on HW's webcam earlier, who spent getting on for 2 hours on the quay (I'm no fan of criticising individual staff, but was curious to see how long he was there as it's Easter Sunday overtime rate). He then reversed out straight into the path of a Phoenix dayboat who'd presumably just taken the controls for the first time :default_icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

f.o.c mooring until April 1st though

Don't you mean free of charge at point of use until the 1st April. You've already paid for that mooring once through your toll.

• Like 1

After a most sociable evening and day yesterday in Neil’s company we left  Ranworth at 09:30 this morning (08:30 in old money) and decided to see if Horning were an option , staithe was full sadly (with a certain Hampton neatly tucked into the favoured spot just before The Swan moorings ) so about turn , slow cruise , up the Ant and under Ludham (showing a smidgeon under 8” on the board) and we came to rest at How Hill in the dog leg  just before the Hathor mooring spot.

Decided that we would stay put as it’s a glorious mooring , Bramble had a boisterous game of ball on the lawned area of How Hill House , unfortunately she has recharged now !!!!

Kate passed up going downstream , it’s good to see Springers Retreat on her travels again .

Dinner tonight is fish pie and French beans , washed down with a few glasses of wine , up early in the morning as I’m working tomorrow 😢, back in a couple of weeks though 😊

IMG_4079.jpeg

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Kate passed up going downstream , it’s good to see Springers Retreat on her travels again .

Thanks Simon. It certainly feels good to be onboard again. 
Lovely reading your write-up, it sounds like yesterday evening at Ranworth was the place to be. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pipedreams had a little open wallet surgery this week , a new upgraded alternator (then you Daniel Austrin for your prompt service) , we spend last night in The Crown and had the wonderful surprise of Gary , Charlotte and Oscar being there when we arrived .

After much deliberation where to go we are now moored up in “The taxi rank” , chairs out enjoying a warm day.

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

• Like 10