Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

28 minutes ago, PaulN said:

If anyone can tell me how to do this via wifi, I would be grateful. I am with EE and have a Samsung A70, My wifi is with Tesco, who use the o2 network and has an iPhone 14

You are looking for wi fi Calling, on some Samsung phones you press the green phone icon then the three little dots in the top right hand corner of the screen to bring up the option.

On other phones it is within Phone Settings.

28 minutes ago, PaulN said:

If anyone can tell me how to do this via wifi, I would be grateful. I am with EE and have a Samsung A70, My wifi is with Tesco, who use the o2 network and has an iPhone 14

No idea on a Samsung phone, but on the iPhone, if your wife goes to the ‘General’ app and types WiFi calling into the search, you should see a heading for WiFi Calling.  Select ‘allow’ and you should then be able to phone using the WiFi.

IMG_0922.jpeg

We arrived just after 17:00 yesterday at The Big Shop mooring Womack , there were already a hundred plus spectators gathering for illuminated boats , catering , outside bar , and entertainment all in place , boats of all shapes and sizes along the staithe making last minute checks to their lighting waiting for the off.

By 19:00 when the flotilla departed the green and footpath on the staithe was packed with hundreds of excited spectators , the bar and barbecue were certainly trading well , the live band in full song , one by one the boats pealed away from the staithe , rounded thé Albion which was moored in the center  of the broad and made their way out along the dyke.

At spot on 20:30 the Albions lights dimmed and the first on the procession returned looking incredible all lit up in the pitch darkness , closely followed by the rest of the illuminated boats each boats arrival was met by loud applause from the hundreds of spectators , it was a remarkable sight and a truly memorable evening .IMG_3379.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Traveled early morning to Ranworth and moored up on the taxi rank , was pre warned upon arrival that there was a wedding on , Cators youngest daughter to the great grandson of Sir Winston Churchill and that the disco/band would be finishing at 03:00 and wouldn’t be quiet , the marquee was set up on the land behind the Cator moorings which had been clear to give uninterrupted views across the Broad , wasn’t a problem for us as when I’m asleep nothing disturbs me . In fact  the disco and band were most enjoyable .

After a Granary breakfast we popped up to see if a space were available on Horning green , sadly not so turned around and headed up the Ant , we are now moored up at How Hill for thé evening 

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Up for the weekend , spent last night at Catfield in the Crown in the company of the crew of Daisy Chain and the gorgeous Oscar.

New rules mean we have to clear the storage area on our bay in the wet shed and we can only have a metal construction storage shed , couldn’t find anywhere local that kept metal storage sheds in stock so we cleared all detritus etc from our area and will have to order a home delivery and fit the shed next time .

had a pump out and refuel at Richo’s (diesel £1.63/ltr) and decided to pop up and moor overnight at Sutton passing Springers Retreat on the way , had a lovely meal but no real ale , they’ve run out so Guinness will have to do  .

IMG_3509.png

• Like 8

Good to see you out and about. Sorry I was a bit slow on the uptake till it was nearly too late to say hello. I was more concerned that if it was a hire boat, they might think they had to go round me when I was wanting to go straight on😂

• Haha 1

New rules mean we have to clear the storage area on our bay in the wet shed and we can only have a metal construction storage shed , couldn’t find anywhere local that kept metal storage sheds in stock so we cleared all detritus etc from our area and will have to order a home delivery and fit the shed next time.

Yes - causing us a few headaches is this one, and everyone else for that matter but I understand the reasoning behind the 'New Rules' and agree with them.

Our bay is tidy and all gear inside a timber shed.  Of course now we have to downsize and erect a metal storage cabinet.  Somehow we have managed to 'Cock it up'  with the on line ordering, subsequently  I have a brand new still boxed metal storage shed surplus - just arrived this week.  Do you want me to bring it down this coming weekend for you?

Griff

• Thanks 1