Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

Old Parge is up for the challange. He does not need a bow thruster. A bit stubbornly, but a heart of gold,heart of gold.

Keep you are goin, thas wot I say me  old mate me old mucker keep you a goin, there are them who dunt know nuthin. Keep on a doin it thas wot I say. 

Oh and whilst you are a listnin dunt you pay regard on this here borum cos arf on em dunt no fish from fowl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

It's the prices  , service at Boulters and good advice from both the yard and chandlery that makes the crosswind more manageable. Turning in the access dyke can be challenging. No bow thruster for Old Parge to play with. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Yep, their prices and service are top notch. Love the loyalty card for pumpouts. We’ve even visited their main chandlery in Hoveton (by car obviously).

• Like 1

I've watched Russell Thomson and Dave Whitworth reverse in to Boulters many a time on their videos. Both do so by going beyond first of all, turning around and then approaching from the opposite direction. It seems Boulters have a habit of placing boats both just inside the entrance and also just to the side of the servicing mooring, as if to make an already vert narrow entrance even more interesting. Not for the faint hearted reversing in there.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I've watched Russell Thomson and Dave Whitworth reverse in to Boulters many a time on their videos. Both do so by going beyond first of all, turning around and then approaching from the opposite direction. It seems Boulters have a habit of placing boats both just inside the entrance and also just to the side of the servicing mooring, as if to make an already vert narrow entrance even more interesting. Not for the faint hearted reversing in there.

I do that too, having made things extra difficult for myself the first time trying to reverse into an acute angle. Getting into Boulter’s isn’t as difficult as it appears, unless it’s windy, and unless they have an extra boat moored up in front of their boat lift (like there was in Dave Whitworth’s latest video).

Having said all that, what’s the betting it all goes pear shaped next time! 
:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Left the wetshed this morning at 10:00 a few hirers returning their Richo’s boats , good to see the yard full of life once again .

On our journey downstream on the Ant we passed a very happy looking crew aboard their new and very smart looking “Mermaid” , congratulations once more to the three of you , moored up at Ludham so we could drop the screens etc as the marker was showing 7ft3” so it would have been touch and go without lowering them , Horning staithe was full so about turn and we settled on  Ranworth where we are now safely moored for the evening , sadly the taxi rank is occupied .

The leccy is still off and the damaged moorings on the front have still not been repaired .

• Like 9

Well this years incessant rain returned last night and isn’t letting up , we cast off at 09:00 and poodled along to see if Horning staithe was free , it was so we are now moored up Swan end of the moorings plugged in and relaxing , yes it’s wet and miserable but do you know what ? We don’t care the scenery and wildlife are stunning and we’re afloat , and I bet the Swan will be warm and welcoming later 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

The rivers have a certain beauty whatever the weather. Staying warm and dry, watching the wildlife, pure relaxation … it’s what we enjoy about hiring out of the main season. Hope you have a lovely week.  :default_icon_wave:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/02/2024 at 14:00, CambridgeCabby said:

Left the wetshed this morning at 10:00 a few hirers returning their Richo’s boats , good to see the yard full of life once again .

On our journey downstream on the Ant we passed a very happy looking crew aboard their new and very smart looking “Mermaid” , congratulations once more to the three of you , moored up at Ludham so we could drop the screens etc as the marker was showing 7ft3” so it would have been touch and go without lowering them , Horning staithe was full so about turn and we settled on  Ranworth where we are now safely moored for the evening , sadly the taxi rank is occupied .

The leccy is still off and the damaged moorings on the front have still not been repaired .

Wait until you go past St Bennett at least 2/3rds of the moorings are taped off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2