Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

• 2 weeks later...

I wish you wouldn’t keep mentioning the Crown, I’m going to have to visit sometime😄. We nearly did last Saturday when we found out there was a 45 minute wait at Noodle King. But then we drove past the chippie and went there instead - enormous portions. If we hadn’t had to drive back round to Ranworth I think we’d have gone to the Crown anyway. 
Enjoy your time aboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troyboy said:

hope you are all well wrapped up. Its coming in cold up in Yorkshire. 

Only for a couple of night though I think. Hope Tony at home lights the woodburner to keep himself and the house warm. He’s prone to sitting in hat and coat rather than doing so as he doesn’t like having to clean the glass and ash!

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

After two very fractious days and near divorce the metal shed is finally finished , note to others what ever they tell you as to how long it takes to build it , double it !!

And wear a decent pair of gloves. I remember those edges well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I put a 10'x8' one of them up on a windy allotment single-handed. I've no idea how I managed to do it without losing a finger or two!

On the plus side, that was probably a good 10 years ago and it's only just starting to show signs of rust, so inside a boatshed, that one'll probably last forever.

• 1 month later...

Arrived yesterday afternoon , after unloading etc drove to The Kings Arms at Ludham for dinner , Crown Catfield close until 15th for their annual holiday , Katie had steak , I had the cheese and bacon burger , Bramble chicken and rice a pint of Guinness and a Diet Coke total cost just under £50 which I found reasonable .

After dinner we ventured into The Grebe (cash only) for a most sociable evening .

We are now moored up on Neatishead staithe as Ludham bridge would mean lowering screens/roof which is ok today as it’s dry and not raining but don’t want to risk having to do similar on our return if the weather changes , bliss to be afloat again .

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

We are now moored up on Neatishead staithe as Ludham bridge would mean lowering screens/roof which is ok today as it’s dry and not raining but don’t want to risk having to do similar on our return if the weather changes , bliss to be afloat again .

Up to date info Simon, Helen and anyone else wanting to know, Ludham Bridge 7’2” at 11.45 am, about 2.5 hours before today’s low tide. 
No further rain forecast for a few days, doesn’t mean we won’t get any!

B41F058E-733E-4B1F-9CC2-0B42CF0F420C.thumb.jpeg.04cf856543c6b59034483fb247fd7dd2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Leaving for Norfolk shortly for a weekend afloat , hope to see a few fellow forumites on our travels , we will undoubtedly spend this evening in the Crown Catfield though .

with any luck Ludham bridge will be more passable this weekend 

BA notice for info

Unfortunately due to a power issue in the immediate area, all of the electric charging points at our Ranworth Staithe mooring are currently out of action.

UK Power Networks are aware of the issue and we are hopeful that it will be rectified soon. We will issue an update when the posts are operational again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely convivial evening in The Crown in the company of Gary , Charlotte and Oscar .

Left the wet shed at 09:00 gentle cruise down the Ant , saw a couple of hire boats (Herbert Woods) and one privateer .

Popped into Boulters , very windy so made a complete c**k up of that ,  pump out and diesel top up and now moored up on Horning staithe 

IMG_3864.jpeg

IMG_3865.jpeg

IMG_3866.jpeg

• Like 6

It takes a brave person to try to get into Boulter’s when it’s very windy weather. I have been known to chicken out and go home a day early rather than face the perils of getting into Boulter’s. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

It takes a brave person to try to get into Boulter’s when it’s very windy weather. I have been known to chicken out and go home a day early rather than face the perils of getting into Boulter’s. 

Boulters is difficult in crosswinds. I have never not managed to get in, but I have come close a couple of times.

• Like 2