Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

Just back from the festival , I managed to sample quite a few , I don’t sample half’s as you need a full pint to properly taste IMO .

During the day and evening I had numbers 1 , 2 , 15 , 8 , 9 , 12 , 15 , 14 then back to number 1 , I enjoyed them all but must say Oscar Wilde from Mighty Oak brewery was my stand out favorite , but that said I do love a good dark mild , my next favourite was  15 , Green Jacks Lurcher Stout a most flavourful pint .

Bed calls now , it’s been a long day carrying out research 😀

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

We left Ranworth this morning at 09:15 decided to travel back up the Ant and head home this evening , we popped up to Sutton to refuel and to our amazement there was space on the Green !!!!!!!

Moored up , we will go home tomorrow now 😄

661cdebc-be0d-44b3-95b3-46387122b67c.jpeg

Leccy on or off.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Back home now after a fantastic 15nights afloat , we ate in The Sutton Staithe hotel last night and they must have a new chef as it was very good .

For our two weeks afloat , travelling south and around the northern rivers we used 50 litres of diesel (£79 at Sutton) which was very economical we felt .

Found a few other photos f the beer festival so have included them 

IMG_4637.jpeg

IMG_4633.jpeg

IMG_4630.jpeg

IMG_4632.jpeg

IMG_4629.jpeg

IMG_4628.jpeg

IMG_4627.jpeg

IMG_4626.jpeg

IMG_4625.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Back on board this afternoon/evening for a weekend afloat , hope to see the NBN pennants flying accompanied by mad frantic waving to fellow forumites 

Look out for Moonlight Shadow, Simon.  Our son, daughter in law and their three children are onboard from today.  Our grandchildren are loud . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . very loud!

You have been warned! :default_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Left this morning at 07:45 quiet rivers , motored to Ranworth (what a shock!!!), had to moor next to the taxi rank as it was occupied .

upon approaching Ludham bridge had a passing hello with “Marge and Parge” then whilst passing under Ludham bridge we spied Gary and Charlotte and the wonderful Oscar , then had a chat with Mouldy and his family at Ranworth . The intruder in the taxi rank departed and we slotted in to our favoured slot .

A few gins and chats and now time for our barbecue dinner before popping into the Maltsters to see what the state of the beer is .

IMG_4696.jpeg

• Like 10

On 16/08/2024 at 13:44, Mouldy said:

Look out for Moonlight Shadow, Simon.  Our son, daughter in law and their three children are onboard from today.  Our grandchildren are loud . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . very loud!

You have been warned! :default_rolleyes:

Just cruising along Fleet Dyke minding my own business and checking the weather on my phone.  Out of nowhere there was a very loud “hello” which made me jump and look up!  Yes it was Mouldy’s grandson and yes he was loud!  Still chuckling now.  

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

Left Ranworth @ 08:30 heading for Gays staithe , as we turned left on Barton Broad a flotilla of hire bots were coming towards us , so prognosis looking good , turned left to Gays and only three boats in situé and our favoured side on spot at the back was empty , it’s not now !!

Settled in for the day/night coffee pot on and chairs out , dinner tonight is barbecue again , last night it was large tiger prawns with garlic butter , pitta bread and corn on the cob , tonight Chinese chicken kebabs and minted lamb kebabs which we got from an excellent farmers butchers back home , 11:45 now so almost time for a gin 😁 

Had a wonderful day/ evening at Gays , only 5 boats overnighted .

Took Bramble for an afternoon stroll into Neateshead , she , of course, insisted we pop into the White Horse surprised at how quiet it was though it best if I put some monies into their till and wanted to utilise my 10% discount card so samples a few ales , after a short while thought we had best get back to Katie so ambled back.

Up at 07:30 this morning , emptied and cleaned the barbecue and departed at 08:50 for the wet shed , quick clean round , car loaded and the obligatory coffee at Richo’s that it for a couple of weeks when it looks like I’ll be solo (with Bramble) as Katie is looking after our Grandson 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Loads of traffic due to accidents , 3 hours to Wroxham , loaded the boat , dinner (including doggy dinner) at The Crown Catfield , then a few pints in Broads View Chalet park listening to a very good sca  band , now bed before departing early doors for Womack 

• Like 2

Left the wet shed just before 08:00hrs warm but very blustery as a result we changed our plans , yup you’ve guessed it , we are now moored at Ranworth adjacent to the taxi rank but will be able to acquire it in an hour when the current occupier departs .

The boat moored next to us in the taxi rank is a self built and designed wooden fully electric very unusual design vessel she doesn’t even have plug in capabilities yet they can cruise for hours and the array of solar panels on the roof keep her fully charged by the morning after mooring .

The picture below is with the consent of the owner and builder 

IMG_4731.jpeg

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Left the wet shed just before 08:00hrs warm but very blustery as a result we changed our plans , yup you’ve guessed it , we are now moored at Ranworth adjacent to the taxi rank but will be able to acquire it in an hour when the current occupier departs

You’ll be safe this weekend, Simon!  Grandkids are home now.  We’re in Milton Keynes at the moment, just about to visit them!  Wish me luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looked like Bramble was enjoying playtime on the green this morning. We were having coffee outside the Granary with our daughter. I really felt for one or two of the boats struggling to moor. 

• Like 2