The New Admin Team.

ExSurveyor

Well, good job I dropped the Psychic prefix from my user name because I didn't see this coming :default_biggrin:.

It is an honour to carry forward the fantastic work of Ian, Timbo and Polly.

Although this wonderful trio are stepping down from the responsibility and liability of owning and running the forum, they will continue to be very valued members and around for advice and to be contributors.

They have been supported by a number of members behind the scenes,

Old Greg, who regularly oils the cogs of the forum machinery to keep it running,

The Events team who have had 18 months off but will hopefully be busy next year.

Uncle Mike, the forum shopkeeper, he taught Amazon how to do it properly.

Last, but by no means least,

The moderation team led by Gendel and backed up by Alan ( RB ).

The moderation team was expanded by the addition of a number of anonymous members. This gave a broad range of opinions and experience for the senior mods to draw on. I have been a mod for a couple of years and guess what, it can be hard work.

Going forward nothing obvious will change as far as members are concerned.

I will hold ownership and liability as an individual and as my pocket money is at risk, I will have the final say.

Below this will be the Admin team,

I will be Chairman and offer advice and general guidance.

I am pleased to announce that Cambridge Cabby has agreed to become Vice Chairman and Fairtmiddlin will be Secretary/ Treasurer.

This arrangement will give me the luxury of having two others to bounce ideas off of and will spread the workload.

After running a number of businesses and organisations over the last 40 years I have yet master the enjoyment of book keeping, the last set of accounts I prepared was 39 years ago so thank you Fairtmiddlin.

The moderation team have always operated semi independently from the Admin team to implement the ToS laid down by the Admin team and legislation, this will continue under the guidance of Grendel.

As far as moderation is concerned,

Please, if your post is hidden, it is because it has caused concerns that need to be discussed or it has breached the ToS.  Either way please don't expect a message straight away, it takes time to get a number of mods available to discuss it.

The best way to help the mods is to please think about what you are posting, keep it friendly and within the ToS.

After the last 18 months we all deserve a bit of kindness.

Finally, until I remember something I have forgotten,

I have asked Timbo to become Honorary President in recognition of his sterling work in getting the forum prepared for the upcoming legislation and I am pleased to say he has accepted. ( I told him it was equivalent to a Knighthood )

If anyone has any questions or just wants to say hello, please feel free to message me.

:default_beerchug: To a continuing bright and healthy future.

Mark

• Like 5
  • Thanks 24

Great news to have a new team in place. The forum is part of my daily life and my grateful thanks go to all those who keep it running. My best wishes to you Mark and to CambridgeCabby and Fairtmiddlin in the roles you’ve all taken on.  :default_drink_2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you to the new team for taking on these roles and also to those that are carrying on behind the scenes. As Jean said, its also part of my daily life.  It’s reassuring to know the forum continues to be in safe hands 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

My thanks to you Cambridge Cabby and Fairtmiddlin for taking this on. Great to hear that the forum will continue to be unsafe hands.

Surely you mean IN safe hands :default_shocked1animated:

Buy yes, thank you to the new Forum Admin Team, and all the Mods and other helpers, for taking the Forum ahead into the future :default_icon_clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As is customary (Well as far as my brain remembers it is) to introduce ourselves properly.

FairTmidllin. A well-known phrase or saying in parts of Norfolk and Suffolk. A forum name in honour of and old reed cutter from the Haddiscoe marshes, who would always greet me in such manner when asked ow’s ya doin boi.

My proper name is Nigel (Yes, we are a dying breed) I was one of the new intake of moderators around the same time as Mark (Ex Surveyor). And as Mark has already said it’s a very hands-on job, for which I salute anyone who does the job. The amount of government legislation blows your mind. Sometimes I read more of that than the forum.

I also wish well and thank for their ministrations over the last years, our outgoing admins Tim, Ian and Polly. Who through this forum I now regard as great friends. Not just colleagues. I know they will still be around on here and at the end of a phone for a natter.

And the backroom crew, those who keep the bits oiled and running so that you cannot even see the joins. (Even though some of them break it occasionally) To Mike for his sterling work with the shop. And who can forget (well we had; we haven’t heard from them in so long) our special events team. Who we hope to keep busy in the future.

I have been around Bookkeeping for most of my life. My Father was a forensic bookkeeper for a large construction company. Checking the account books for any errors of accounting which may have gone unseen. (And one of the only people who I have ever seen, beat an adding machine to a total, being able to add two columns of figures at one time.

I personally have been treasurer of many clubs and organisations since I was 18, (And whomsoever leaked this information, I would personally like to shake them warmly by the throat.)

Seriously I feel it an honour to be thought of as the candidate for this position. As has oft been said a rather large pair of shoes to fill. I hope that I can come up to the high status, our former coin counters have risen to.

Hoping to meet lots of you at various meets and do’s over the next few years.

And here is to a great forum continuing for a long time to come.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

8 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Surely you mean IN safe hands :default_shocked1animated:

Buy yes, thank you to the new Forum Admin Team, and all the Mods and other helpers, for taking the Forum ahead into the future :default_icon_clap:

You leave YnysMon alone she knows what she means. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 4

Sincere thanks to the new admin' team for agreeing to take it all on. Just the thought of bookkeeping  alone would give me a nervous breakdown (I once got a half percent mark in a maths exam for drawing the margin in the correct place!) It's a big relief to know the forum is in such safe hands.

Carole

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

New team - Should be a breeze for you as the outgoing lot did a sterling job.  I know the saying that a new brush sweeps clean, but the old brush left the place spotless!

Anyroadup, to the new Admin team -  thanks ever so for stepping up and firmly grasping the helm (Mind those rag n stick types)

Griff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

but the old brush left the place spotless!

Griff

Ah but! did anyone check down the back of the sofa for the odd silver sixpence or threepenny bit.

14 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Anyroadup, to the new Admin team -  thanks ever so for stepping up and firmly grasping the helm (Mind those rag n stick types)

Griff

Thanks Griff and to all the wellwishers from me. I hope we carry on as before.

• Like 2