Nbn Off Air

12 hours ago, grendel said:

if the forum is down we normally post a notification over on the facebook page.

I've only recently started dabbling with Facebook, mainly because more and more businesses don't keep their Web sites up to date anymore. To date I'm strictly read only. But when I look up NBN I can only find a page with the most recent post in 2019. What am I doing wrong?

Why are some people so against Facebook? Some people hate or mistrust it with a passion. Yet it has over 2 billion users, yes 2 billion. They cannot all be wrong surely. 

A vast range of local services, public services, charities, and groups of people who have a common interest all use Facebook.

43 minutes ago, Wussername said:

Why are some people so against Facebook? Some people hate or mistrust it with a passion. Yet it has over 2 billion users, yes 2 billion. They cannot all be wrong surely. 

A vast range of local services, public services, charities, and groups of people who have a common interest all use Facebook.

All the above are true alas you also get the dregs of humanity who use it to satisfy their own warped attitudes plus all the worst in misinformation.

Fred

• Like 2

I am not a big fan of Fb. :default_biggrin:

I limit my friends to family and some forum contacts.

My biggest complaint is fb insisting on showing me groups I might like.

Our fb group is moderated to the same standards as the forum to weed out any rubbish or misinformation, many groups seem to have little or no moderation, these I delete.

I do find it useful to keep in contact and see what the more distant branches of my family are up to.

39 minutes ago, SANTED said:

Facebook. It’s the marmite factor ,love it hate or it. It’s a personal choice

Of course - each to their own. 

I just feel it is often an abused medium, that can in some circumstances cause a lot of problems.

It is too easy to hide being the anonymity of the internet but be out there to the whole world. 

And yes, you can say the same of this very forum, but it's reach is clearly substantially less.