There Is A Legal Requirement To Give Assistance

ChrisB

48 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

The ones who don't get caught are the only ones that are illegal immigrants,

Really? - So the ones who arrive in dinghies / boats and get 'Caught' are perfectly legal immigrants are they? I never knew that.Β Β Why would they need 'Catching' if they are legal immigrants?

The rest are refugees, asylum seekers and economic migrants.

Refugees and asylum seekers from France? - There it is again - Of course they are - I didn't know the system had reclassified them to suit some folks ideals

They may have arrived illegally - You want to make your mind up, did they or didn't they arrive illegally? only the ones that are caught or not?Β 

but they are in the system and deserve to be treated with the dignity we should afford every human being in distress - This one I can agree on

Griff

I see what you did there 🍺

It has been said that no one ever changes their mind because they read a different point of view on a forum. I think that's true and so as we have both posted our views let's agree to disagree... Merry Christmas Griff 🍺

• Like 4

Yes, but...as MM commented, it probably won't end well as most of us have entrenched opinions on the subject.Β 

Maybe time to withdraw from this thread agreeing to disagree. I just think it's a shame that a post on saving lives should be dragged into the political realm.Β 

• Like 3

well, be assured that the moderation team are paying close attention to this thread to ensure it does not stray outside of the TOS.

it is in the broadscot lounge so can be outside of the broads area.

That said as has been noted above, when things get to the point several people agree to disagree, we do feel that some time to calm down may be needed, thus we will temporarily lock the thread to replies for 24 hours to give everyone time to reassess their viewpoint.

Β 

• Like 3