Friday Night Quiz 2022

Tigerhawk

So the rounds for this Friday's quiz are ready. I like to find a theme to give me some inspiration. This time it's American states ... however the name of each round is a very tenuous link to what the questions will be about. It's not a quiz about America or geography. Hopefully there will be something for everyone ... and questions where everyone can have a go at guessing the answer.

The names of the rounds don't really tell you what they're going to be. :default_rofl:

1. Utah
  2. Maryland
  3. Florida
  4. West Virginia
  5. Montana
  6. Kentucky

If you've never joined before then why not make this the week you give it a go.

And if you're intrigued as to what the questions will actually be about then please join me at https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/ around 8.30 on Friday.

Just enter a username and there's no password needed.

• Like 3

my apologies for not making it tonight, I had team building in london (crystal maze- yes my team won - by 1 point, we got 14 out of 16 crystals) anyway I left london centre at 6.30pm, hoping to get back, but a signal failure at Barking tacked 30 minutes onto the 1 hour tube journey, so it was gone 8pm before I got to the car, then just over an hours journey so it was 9.45 before I was indoors and got to the computer.

Ok that’s the quiz rounds pretty much sorted for next Friday. This time the theme is colours. As previously there is a tenuous  link between the name and the questions to keep you guessing. 

White

Yellow

Red

Green

Blue

Rainbows

No point cribbing for this one! :default_rofl:

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone who played the quiz tonight.

We had a very worthy winner in Tigerhawk who was just too fast for everyone and landed a magnificent 20 1/2 points. Well done TH. Looking forward to your quiz next Friday. :)

In case anyone who couldn't get there might be wondering what the rounds turned out to be, here's the answer.

• White - remember Snow White? This round was anagrams of Disney films
  • Yellow - everyone sings to Yellow Submarine. This was a round of colours in song titles.
  • Red - often associated with the iconic London buses. This was all about transport.
  • Green - where else but the garden. Definitions of things you use or find in a garden
  • Blue - blue skies, blue seas, we're talking holidays and a bit of geography.
  • The Rainbow Round - 7 colours in the rainbow so 7 questions about numbers rounded off the evening.
  • Like 1

Wish I could have been there, but we were night navving tha ant, in the end the planned wild mooring was occupied, and though there was room, it was evenly spaced either side of one of the moored boats, who when asked decided they didn't want to move up a bit so we ended up at St Bennets. 

• Like 1

Tonight's quiz was won by Steve, with Mike second and Jean third.

Steve is unavailable for the next 2 weeks, so if anyone wants to step in and volunteer they are more than welcome.

I am busy myself next week, so maybe see you all on the 28th?

Though I did give Bikertov 25 points before the quiz started so maybe he should be QM next week!

• Sad 1

Due to totally unexpected circumstances, I am now in a position to run my quiz tomorrow, rather than in 2 weeks time per the above post. If you could indicate whether you would be able to attend, please do so and if we have a sufficient number of participants, I will post topics and it will go ahead. If not, we will stick with the 4th November as being the date of the next quiz. 

• Like 2