Chrome Broom Name

I think you will have to use a photo. then get said photo with your measurements to a s/steel fabricators and get some made up in polished 316 s/steel - That will do it nicely and outlast chrome on brass, much easier to accomplish too.  We had 'B.A's made in laminated polished aluminium, still as good as new

Griff

• Like 2

about 20 years ago i bought a pair direct from brooms in brundall,   i went to the office where they sent me round to the stores,  

things have changed at brooms in recent years but worth a try

ps;   make sure you have a couple of pills and a glass of water ready for when you get the invoice, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

you  could get some cast and chromed, they never were particularly well finished,  you could  3D print some if no one will lend you theirs, ask Eddie at Vintage industrial switch to cast you some in brass, they are in Stalham he can design and 3d print too

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have managed to find get vintage industrial to copy the Broom name badges I just need an original set so they can copy them so if anyone has a pair I could borrow so they could be copied I’d be very grateful and look after them and would be prepared to pay a deposit 

13 minutes ago, mikeyboy1966 said:

I have a pair on my 30,

if you can wait till autumn I’ll be removing them to have them rechromed.

Hi that would be very helpful can you send a picture of them 

I would take great care of them if there’s anyone else how would like a set let me know as the more done the lower the costs 

where do you get your re chroming done 

• 2 weeks later...

I am making progress and have an original broom badge and have found someone to cast it in brass just get to find someone to chrome them 

obviously the more I get made the cost is reduced so any who’s interested in getting a pair drop me a line and we can get them ordered 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have found someone who will cast them in brass and chrome and polish them, he’s a real craftsman it’s the same process that’was carried out when they were made 70 years ago.

He could re-chrome yours ate the same time as he makes ours if your interested.

For anyone interested in having some made  the cost is £90 plus vat you can PM 

4ED3E81F-6A11-445D-9337-D6C6165A5914.thumb.jpeg.e7eabc2e9b38cb61674a3ac1489b56c5.jpeg