And We Are Off.

andyg

4 hours ago, Maxwellian said:

They will be operating at the luxury end with a demand and supply model. We who cannot afford it can go elsewhere. Who is the fool, we who say it is too much or them who can sell at the higher price? 

But with any pricing policy within business nobody knows. whether the gamble to price high or low, is the best strategy. Sometimes the gamble works, other times can mean the difference between surviving or going bust.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I'm no business analyst but to mind setting prices beyond the top end of the market isn't a recipe for long-term customer loyalty.

I think you've just proved yourself wrong Simon lol, your spot on there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just read the information and reviews on their website!  The reviews x 3 (albeit from last year) overall don't paint a positive view on such a high end boat!  And - a dishwasher on board??? OMG - no thank you!  It is also not allowed up the Chet or the Ant!! I can definitely think of better ways of chucking my cash into a hole!! :default_icon_eek:

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyg said:

That's laughable, nearly 4k for a week. I see on the lunch time news easy jet are reporting record levels of booking for both its flights and holidays this summer. 

Yeah, but if you chuck in a couple of nights in a hotel waiting for your flights, or to get through passport control, it’ll probably work out about the same!! :default_hiding:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Yeah, but if you chuck in a couple of nights in a hotel waiting for your flights, or to get through passport control, it’ll probably work out about the same!! :default_hiding:

Lol, you'd have to be a tad soft in the head if you thought that's was anywhere near value for money. 

25 minutes ago, andyg said:

Lol, you'd have to be a tad soft in the head if you thought that's was anywhere near value for money. 

Yep, agreed!  Interesting that the new Broom 2 berth boat (White Heron) is no longer listed.  Maybe 2.5k a week was more than the market would stand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

Yep, agreed!  Interesting that the new Broom 2 berth boat (White Heron) is no longer listed.  Maybe 2.5k a week was more than the market would stand.

Bit like the sheerline at richardsons, virtually no bookings for this season. That will be up for sale next year or massively reduced in price. Lovely boats just grossly over priced.. 

On 12/04/2022 at 13:55, DAVIDH said:

It's a snip. Book it before it goes.... just £3834 for the week and it does include fuel!

screenshot-partners.hoseasons.co.uk-2022.04.12-13_52_40.jpg

Having read Griff’s post regarding the cost of fuel at Broom, the fact that it’s ‘all inclusive’ is clearly a bonus!  :default_biggrin: