Helpful New Vid From BA

YnysMon

All good stuff but hardly ground-breaking, I would have thought.  Surely there is nothing in there that is not common sense?

I notice the cartoon characters were wearing lifejackets but did they really all have to be depicted wearing face-masks? Out in the open air on the Broads?  Does this indicate that the pandemic and its associated risk aversion will never end, in the eyes of Authority?

I felt there was too much reliance on "downloading the app" which is all very well if you are not in one of the many (and busiest) places on the Broads that have no phone signal!  I saw a programme on TV a couple of days ago about electric cars, and the number of charging points that don't work, because of electronic technology.  The presenter summed up by saying "If you haven't got a smartphone, forget about about electric cars!"

• Like 3

14 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Watched this a few moments ago and thought it worth sharing. Lots of useful tips and, more importantly who to contact in different emergency/problematic circumstances.

Good idea to post and share it here where first timers or those returning after a few years might see and learn from watching it.

I wont comment on all details included within it out of fear of upsetting the more experianced member however being a cartoon it is easy to edit to keep it current and up to date when the time does come where face coverings are not recommended when talking to strangers close up (yep I still wear a mask when shopping).

14 hours ago, Vaughan said:

saw a programme on TV a couple of days ago about electric cars, and the number of charging points that don't work, because of electronic technology.  The presenter summed up by saying "If you haven't got a smartphone, forget about about electric cars!"

A thought popped into my head, what the future for broads yacht&sailing club safety boats once we are fully on grid and off pipeline. Is there the maritime equipotential at present of, say, a testla roadster?  I note the RNLI launched the E class about 10 years ago, but I think electric is perhaps 10 years in the future, If at all. Serious question. Appreciate some insight.... but not the hybrid Honda automotive type! Albeit they are a player in the present fossil fuelled outboard marine market. And, if such a thing is presently available, how much will such vessels cost?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Turnoar said:

A thought popped into my head, what the future for broads yacht&sailing club safety boats once we are fully on grid and off pipeline. Is there the maritime equipotential at present of, say, a testla roadster?  I note the RNLI launched the E class about 10 years ago, but I think electric is perhaps 10 years in the future, If at all. Serious question. Appreciate some insight.... but not the hybrid Honda automotive type! Albeit they are a player in the present fossil fuelled outboard marine market. And, if such a thing is presently available, how much will such vessels cost?

if you look at the model boat world, some of the fastest model boats are all electric, this would scale up, for example to the speedboat racing in oulton broad, in fact some of the electric boats are faster than the old nitro engined ones, these new fangled brushless motors can chew through the power pretty quickly, and lithium batteries will deliver, hundreds of amps to enable this, the reverse side of the calculation is of course the duration at high performance.

22 minutes ago, grendel said:

if you look at the model boat world, some of the fastest model boats are all electric, this would scale up, for example to the speedboat racing in oulton broad, in fact some of the electric boats are faster than the old nitro engined ones, these new fangled brushless motors can chew through the power pretty quickly, and lithium batteries will deliver, hundreds of amps to enable this, the reverse side of the calculation is of course the duration at high performance.

So my next question is, assuming a club needs six hours a week on a Sunday on average,  then is there the electric equivalent of a dell quay dory with say 25hp in the market place now. I note e-formula f1 has been around for a few years now, is e-formula on the cards at Lowestoft &OB MBC in the near future?