Alan ( Ranworth Breeze )

The following has been posted on Alan's facebook page by his family.

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our beloved dad Alan Hood. He passed away suddenly on 9th March from a heart attack while on holiday in one of his favourite places, the Norfolk Broads.
His funeral will be held on 17th April at Hutcliffe Wood Crematorium at 10.30am. Afterwards, we will be going to Frecheville Community Centre where you are welcome to join us.
Thank you to everyone for your kind words, love and support at this very difficult time.
Stuart, Mike, Joanne and Lucas x

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

The following has been posted on Alan's facebook page by his family.

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our beloved dad Alan Hood. He passed away suddenly on 9th March from a heart attack while on holiday in one of his favourite places, the Norfolk Broads.
His funeral will be held on 17th April at Hutcliffe Wood Crematorium at 10.30am. Afterwards, we will be going to Frecheville Community Centre where you are welcome to join us.
Thank you to everyone for your kind words, love and support at this very difficult time.
Stuart, Mike, Joanne and Lucas x

Just saw it and was about to post - thank you

I didn't realise he passed away while on the broads.

A nice silver lining to a dark cloud. He was certainly passionate and knowledgeable about the broads. 

It's amazing how you get the feeling of a right decent person while never have had the privilege of meeting them . That goes for a few folk on here for me , past and present.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It must have been heart wrenching for the family not to have been with him when he passed but I do hope they get some comfort knowing he died in a place he loved and knew so much about. If there is something after, I so hope he is with Tan once again

I got that feeling too, he was a proper nice person and a true gentleman,  this world is poorer without him in it

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Gracie said:

It must have been heart wrenching for the family not to have been with him when he passed but I do hope they get some comfort knowing he died in a place he loved and knew so much about. If there is something after, I so hope he is with Tan once again

I got that feeling too, he was a proper nice person and a true gentleman,  this world is poorer without him in it

Yes Gracie I am sure we all echo your words.   A true loss.

• Like 2
  • Love 1