Alan ( Ranworth Breeze )

I never met Alan, so only have an image in my mind of what he was like. A very knowledgeable chap, dedicated to the Ranworth Breeze Syndicate and an elder statesman of this forum. So sad to lose him. If there is such a thing as an afterlife, he will for sure, be with Tan. You can tell he had so many happy memories of the two of them on the Broads, by the little anecdotes he would put in his posts. RIP

• Like 1

As I've  said we met Alan and Tan a few times.We had a lovely  evening at the Ferry house  Surlingham. Mooring next to one another. Like Iain.Real broads  lovers.Very knowable  and very likeable a real shame there gone.Remember Alan sort out the boats up top.RIP Alan.

• Like 4

I never met him in person but we did message occasionally, he was a kind and gentle man. I feel privileged to have got to know him through this forum.

A huge loss to his son's, family and friends but also a huge loss to us, as a pesky mod and a forum friend x

• Like 9

Very sad news, our condolences to his family and friends.

I only met Alan once and unfortunately didn't have much time to chat with him, but from his posts on here and some PMs we exchanged, I could tell he was not only a gentleman but very knowledgeable on all things Broads related and also willing to help anybody with advice. RIP Alan, you will be missed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I was never in doubt that Ranworth Breeze syndicate was very well run under his leadership and I always got the impression he put many hours of work in for the benefit of the owners. The remaining owners no doubt have challenges ahead as he'll be a hard act to follow.

• Like 3

Very sad news.

My condolences to Alan’s family and friends.

Alan & Tan we’re two of the first people to welcome me when I joined the forum 

We never met but did exchange numerous pm’s when I was part of the team. Alan was always so helpful & supportive 

Rest in peace 

• Like 2