Hire Fleet Changes 2024

DAVIDH

19 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

Thanks, 

its difficult to produce a new design which isn't like the 'old ones'  the RC45 was said to look like the Alpha 44...

with the CJR46 we kept the rear seat but really tried not to produce the same boat from a different factory.

I takes some people a while to get use to it and Im sure some never will !!

we have a second one available for hire from mid July, we may move that date forward, 

Well, I think you've all done a terrific job. It's the single piece windscreen that stands out for me. Just a fantastic piece of design (and I'm a sucker for a two tone colour scheme...)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, catcouk said:

Well, I think you've all done a terrific job. It's the single piece windscreen that stands out for me. Just a fantastic piece of design (and I'm a sucker for a two tone colour scheme...)!

easier than standing on the cabin roof trying to get the screens down in the wind!

We got the idea from a 1960s Broads Cruiser but just updated it  about 60 years! 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

easier than standing on the cabin roof trying to get the screens down in the wind!

We got the idea from a 1960s Broads Cruiser but just updated it  about 60 years! 

Reminds me of the way the (1930s?) Water Rail screen drops down. 

• Like 1

Clive  I saw her second time out and she is very impressive 

Can I ask about the stern as it seems to narrow and lift a bit like a yacht rather than most Broads cruisers that are square and flat in the water.

Does this help with wash and handling?

Or had I drunk to many beers?

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

3 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

Clive  I saw her second time out and she is very impressive 

Can I ask about the stern as it seems to narrow and lift a bit like a yacht rather than most Broads cruisers that are square and flat in the water.

Does this help with wash and handling?

Or had I drunk to many beers?

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

It possibly comes out of the water a bit too much but it was designed to cut wash and boost fuel economy which it does. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/04/2024 at 22:16, catcouk said:

I saw Horning Pleasure craft's new cruiser on the water today. I remember thinking that the Richardson's rX45 designs had brought the old ideas up-to-date but Fleetline looks like a space ship by comparison. I love the two tone hull and superstructure - very classy! A single piece of glass for the electrically operated windscreen is very novel too. Having looked at the internal photos on their website, the interior looks less clinical than a lot of other newer boats (my complaint about most newer designs). I think the upturned forward side windows look a bit aggressive and reduce the light available on the forward cabin but other than that... I absolutely tip my hat to the team at Horning - that is one handsome craft!

My first post on here but been following this forum for a long time.  As a recent (and very early) hirer of Fleetline, I couldn't let this post and C.Ricko's follow up pass without commenting on what a fantastic boat this is.  Yes, it is a head turner; because of the shape?/the colour scheme?/ or its ability to slide casually sideways into a tight mooring spot on its bow and stern thrusters?.  

I write as someone who first hired on the Broads in the 1960's (Dawncraft of Wroxham, wooden boat, pre-single lever control, no hot water/showers) and irregularly ever since, seeing every development from fibreglass hulls, through electric fridges to bow thrusters.  First time with a stern thruster though and the difference it makes to control is invaluable to potentially incompetent helmsmen like me.  The other innovation much appreciated was the electric windscreen which in combination with the power roof could make us ready for bridges in 30 seconds flat with no slipping around on the cabin roof - although we could only get through Ludham.....

Lots of other tech (rear view camera, boat heating that worked.....) and perfect accommodation layout for our 3 generation family.  Well done.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2