Hire Fleet Changes 2024

DAVIDH

9 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

At those prices it looks like they want to pay for the boat within 3years and make a profit

Jeff 

I can see that getting damaged by a few "yuppy types" thay would think it was OK unfortunately.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Sorry - that style of boat doesn't "float my boat" (pun intended!). As with their "Evita" - a bimini?? On the Norfolk Broads - really??? Not sure if that would stand up to the english variable weather conditions and too much faffing about to keep putting it up and taking down if one decides to cruise with it up, which I'm sure some punters will attempt to do!  And the cost!  No thank you!!

Chris

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

At those prices it looks like they want to pay for the boat within 3years and make a profit

More like 7 years I would think.  We are looking at getting on for a quarter of a million pounds of boat, there.

Does that make it good value to hire, in a height-restricted cruising area, at 3.4K a week for 4 people?

• Like 3

I guess they are aiming this at a different type of customer - that don't necessarily want to explore everywhere (so low bridges not a big issue), but fancy the experience of being afloat and doing a bit of cruising, but want a level of luxury they get in a nice hotel room

Whether that translates into enough people to make it a commercially viable payback is another matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

More like 7 years I would think.  We are looking at getting on for a quarter of a million pounds of boat, there.

Easily. Potentially a bit more, though NYA are an agent for Haines of course.

Lovely boat, it is very much at the upper end but I'm tempted to give it a hire at some point.

I have teased the fleet manager many times about the name of the boat but I guess they decided to just go with the (Orinoco) Flow.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, CeePee1952 said:

Sorry - that style of boat doesn't "float my boat" (pun intended!). As with their "Evita" - a bimini?? On the Norfolk Broads - really??? Not sure if that would stand up to the english variable weather conditions and too much faffing about to keep putting it up and taking down if one decides to cruise with it up, which I'm sure some punters will attempt to do!  And the cost!  No thank you!!

Chris

Fancy a trial with a bimini as I wear braces could hook on each side, flat out across Braydon and "leave er go" with a rope around me feet. :default_biggrin:. Abseiling for DIY enthusiast. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Vaughan - you must be getting old!! £250k???? Nearer £400k!!!

Its probably a stock boat - the last thing those type of builders want to do is lay off workers, so keep them busy building another boat!

It may well be a "stock boat", but it is certainly well spec'ed and not a basic fitout, with both bow and stern thrusters, an inverter, TV's everywhere, bluetooth sound system, electric winch and more

I would be delighted to have all those feature on my own boat !

1 hour ago, oldgregg said:

I don't think she's a stock boat and I don't think Haines are short of orders...

This is the first of a new variant, I think they're expecting her to generate quite a bit of interest given her low airdraft.

Why, what is the airdraft with the bimmini down ?

It looks like a variant of the Haines 360, but without the flybridge and radar arch.

8 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

While waiting for the pilot to take you through Wroxham Bridge so that you can enjoy Coltishall. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

You see this is why I would rather hire a boat that will access most of the Broads system. How can you miss out on that beautiful cruise up to Coltishall Lock, it's my idea of heaven, it really is 

I suppose I could slum it for a long weekend on Enya :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Gracie said:

You see this is why I would rather hire a boat that will access most of the Broads system. How can you miss out on that beautiful cruise up to Coltishall Lock, it's my idea of heaven, it really is 

I suppose I could slum it for a long weekend on Enya :default_biggrin: x

Or, find a rich husband/boyfriend/sugar-daddy that has TWO boats, one big flash one like Enya, and one that can get under the low bridges to the likes of Coltishall.

... PM me for my phone number ... :default_stinky::594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily::default_rofl:

• Haha 4

There's a few Herbert Woods boats that look like they're leaving the fleet and are up for sale on the Waterside Marine site.

An Amber Light, a Florida Light, a Glistening Light and a Shining Light.

Mind you Hilight is still for sale from last year and the Sparkling Light that also went up for sale at the same time has only just sold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1