March Early Easter 2024

Andrewcook

Easter is in March very early this Year will the Broads be Busy With Hiring  Boat Booking being up? Will there be more Private Boat owners on the Broads. Add to the fact Budget is coming in March will this affect any one going on Holiday on the Norfolk Broads? Such as Tax on Petrol & Diesel may be going up? 

Andrew we were lucky just managed to get our daughter some eggs with cream in them (other eggs are available) before she goes home . So in a supermarket that is very often price matched (other supermarkets are available) Easter is even earlier and people are still buying. 

So let's hope that patrons of The Norfolk and Suffolk Broads and their connecting rivers do the same.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

In 2023 we hired first week of the Easter holidays, finishing Easter Saturday 8th April. Before the Easter weekend it was very quiet on the north and especially on the south. It did pick up noticeably on Good Friday though as you might expect. This year I'm hiring for a week starting Saturday 23rd March so once again finishing Easter Saturday. I'm anticipating with the early Easter it'll be even quieter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MargeandParge said:

Andrew we were lucky just managed to get our daughter some eggs with cream in them (other eggs are available) before she goes home .

That’s what I will do too. When I go up to my 30 yr old son’s house in Scotland next month, I’ll put an Easter egg in one of his kitchen cupboards. And tell him on Easter Day, as I doubt he’ll have found it beforehand!

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

Easter is in March very early this Year will the Broads be Busy With Hiring  Boat Booking being up? Will there be more Private Boat owners on the Broads. Add to the fact Budget is coming in March will this affect any one going on Holiday on the Norfolk Broads? Such as Tax on Petrol & Diesel may be going up? 

yes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YnysMon said:

We’ll be adding to the river traffic. Our next trip on Moonlight Shadow is the fortnight running up to Good Friday. A whole fortnight! Bliss.

Our paths may well cross then, Helen on your second week.

• Like 1

We have booked Melody from Richardson's for our Easter break. Their prices dropped suddenly for the first full weekend in April but that's still our school holiday. After booking, my 5-year old was grumpy with me - "Why do we have to wait THAT long?!?! Why did you not book it for sooner?!?!"

• Like 5

4 hours ago, catcouk said:

We have booked Melody from Richardson's for our Easter break. Their prices dropped suddenly for the first full weekend in April but that's still our school holiday. After booking, my 5-year old was grumpy with me - "Why do we have to wait THAT long?!?! Why did you not book it for sooner?!?!"

Glad to hear you’ve booked for another Broads holiday. :default_icon_e_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, catcouk said:

We've hired two of the Melody class when the boys were much younger. We loved that huge aft deck and plenty of room inside. Excellent choice of boat. Have a great trip x

• Like 1