Chinese Mitten Crabs

Hylander

I mourn the passing of being able to wear my mink immensely. Nothing is as flattering on a woman  or as warm. When my mother died I gave her ranch mink coat to a charity shop knowing I would not be able to wear it and being unable to bear throwing it away My fraternal grandmother was a  courturier and furrier to  the court of George V and queen Mary and when  I was about 2 years old she made me a fur coat for the winter, ( not mink I hasten ro add!.) Each year she would insert  new pelts to allow for my growth and this saw me through the majority of my chidhood, saving my parents a lot of money. No doubt the zealots previously referred to are the same kind of fools that released mink from a fur farm into the wild where they have wreaked havoc doing untold damage to the ecosystem.

Carole

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Sorry MM, I should have made myself clearer. I meant...

Properly controlled captive mink.

Which they all were until the animal rights activists came to town.

• Like 1

I regret giving away the fox fur jacket that one of my grandmother's customer's gave me (she was a seamstress and had a few valued customers that had become friends over the years). As Mark said, it was vintage, made long before the current anti fur views became accepted. And it was fox, not mink, so not from a caged animal. 

17 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Fake fur is made from oil. Greenpeace should be condemning it and supporting mink farms.

I suppose it all depends on whether you want to save the world or snub the wealthier people on it.

Save the world!! ban people save wildlife. Just a thought

Fred

• Like 3