Salhouse Broad August 2012

Brian

The first NBN get-together I attended was at Salhouse, and a very nice location it is too! Maybe another could be held if enough people think it worth while?

Hi Mark, i doubt many of the Salty crew would get their boats under Gt Yarmouth bridge. Possibly even Acle either?. What you need is a few spare berths on several bathtubs :naughty::naughty::lol::lol: .

I agree it is a nice location but the last time we moored there we had to mud weight because we could not stern moor due to the poor depth of water at the moorings.

Regards

Alan

If you back in as far as you can, then send a couple of strong ropes ashore tie them securely engage fwd and increase to high revs for a minute im sure you will create a perfect made to measure birth! :pirate:naughty:

On a serious note there is a lot of work going on down on Salhouse broad at the moment (wroxham end past kids play area) are more mooring spots going in?

What hoo-hah and obstruction was that, Dan?

Mary-Jane organised our own meets at places we knew peeps would attend.....

No critiscm of yourself or Mary-Jane John.... but it was the one that was my interpretation of the opposition to one from some at the time.

As I say though, good that a u-turn or one would be considered since things have changed :Stinky

Dan

That would be a rather massive u-turn after all the hoo-hah and obstruction over a northern meet last time?

Dan

I don't remember there being any obstruction last time Dan, just that there didn't seem to be any interest from anyone to either organise one since the previously held one had so little interest (only 4 boats I seem to remember?). The hoo-hah came from the fact that one was beng suggested on the Southern rivers at around the same time the Salhouse meet had been held in previous years.

Salhouse is a superb spot for a get-together, and if enough members showed interest, there's no reason at all another one couldn't be organised. Car is the only way I could get there though :lol:

Salhouse is a superb spot for a get-together, and if enough members showed interest, there's no reason at all another one couldn't be organised. Car is the only way I could get there though :lol:

And that would be the case for lots, Mark.

Sorry but I personally just can't do that. My idea of a meet is to spend the day (with the odd bevvy or two) in good company and then the evening over a bbq or meal with a few glasses of vino or beer...

But that's just me. Mary-Jane will gladly drive me home from such a do but I don't find I can expect such largesse on a regular basis!