Boat Names

Brian

• 2 months later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

For CRicko, hi Clive, we saw Rollocks moored at St Olaves, must have been 5 years or so back, and yes we did read it wrong the first time we past it :lol::lol: , but when returning the boat back to Astons, we went past slowly, and checked the name to find out it was actually Rollocks. Then we were a tad dissapointed. Regards to all.................. Neil. xmas6xmas2xmas4

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

My own boats name is Mistral. She is a Pandora International, which is quite an opropriate name for a yacht. I first saw the name on abrand new Buccaneer 30 from Gale cruisers in Loddon in late 77. I had no idea what it meant, but just liked the name. Then one day it dawned on me that some of Gale cruisers boats, like the yard, were named after winds, and that maybe Mistral was some sort of wind. Sad to say it took a long time to sink in :? . I`ve been toying with the idea of putting her on the broads, but not sure whether she will get much use, as my wife says she does`nt want to try sailing. She says it looks too complicated, and does`nt like the look of yachts heeling over. Perhaps a kind forum member might like to invite us on board their saily next time we`re up there, so she can discover the joy of sailing. That would make life a whole lot easier. Regards to all......................Neil. xmas6xmas2xmas4

I bought my boat with the name bara-cuda which i didn't like at all when i finally got my boat moved to the norfolk broads the first trip out i moored at the malsters and peeled it off, so at the moment she is nameless will get the lettering sorted when its a bit warmer

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi mbird, i did`nt know they did half day skippered sailing. Thanks a bunch for a brilliant idea, cheers . We will definately be coming to the Broads this year, but not sure when or with who, but i`l definately bare that in mind. Merry Christmas and kind regards to one and all................ Neil. xmas6xmas4xmas2

• 2 months later...
Guest ningaboy908

Our boats (Freeman 22) name is Sarlat, apparently it's a town in France,

Although i thought about Puddlejumper and also Headbanger (You'll know why if you're over 5ft 10in) !!

I quite like the name now so im not changing it.

• 2 months later...
Guest gredger

Just on the off-chance you didn't understand where "Map Of Taz", derives from. Mapatasi is the usual term to my knowledge. Please google with care.

HI

We saw a large boat in the states called Global Warming, thought it was a great name for that boat.

We came upon our name by accident, we wanted something easy, so thought of R&R for rest & relaxation, then realised that it was both our initials, so that was that as they say.

R&R cheers

• 1 month later...

My daughter's sailing dinghy is 'Scarab' (for the spotters a Selway Fisher Stornoway 9 - build story on the Lite Side in 'Projects')- Her best friend's is 'Amazon' and she thought 'Swallow' was too obvious. For those up with the books you will understand why my orders were for a white paint job and a tan sail :lol:

fils dinghy tender is called swallow. (already named that but still a lovely name) Maybe they should meet up

• 3 weeks later...

We have just bought our first boat from St Ives, Cambs. It already had a name that was personal to the previous owner who named it Katelan, after his 2 children Kate & Alan. We feel extremely lucky to be able to buy a boat and use it on the broads, and as we are complete and utter newbies we named it "Beginners Luck" cause thats how we feel....mind you, we havent got it yet, its being delivered on Friday hopefully.

Paul

hi paul

welcome to the forum and i hope all goes well on friday, im sure it will

jill :wave

Hi Jill, thanks for the welcome, we are very nervous about getting the boat. We know absolutely nothing except what we have picked up off forums, although not the same as getting hands on experience. Theres so many questions I want to ask but dont want to be a pain or come across as being "fick"

Paul

Hiya Paul, Paul, there's an old saying which says. " If you don't ask, you don't get " so please don't be afraid to ask absolutely anything. There will always be someone who can help you. I have been helped so many times on this site, and still am to be honest, but one day it'll be my turn to help someone else, and then I'll feel satisfied. So enjoy your boat Paul, and don't worry about a thing.

All the best

Baz :Stinky

Theres so many questions I want to ask but dont want to be a pain or come across as being "fick"

Paul

Paul,

The "fick" ones are those who don't bother to ask, or who think they already know everything and don't need to ask.

There is a wealth of knowlege in the forum so use it

Look back through some of the old posts on the forum and you will find all sorts of people asking all sorts of questions

and usually getting all sorts of answers, but usually helpful ones.

If in doubt ask! (we are a friendly bunch here!)

If still in doubt ask again...

If all ask fails ask if there is someone based near your boat who could come over and explain a few things

or show you how to do something that you are unsure of.

if you are completly new to boats then ask for someone to show you the basics of boat handling before you try it on your own.

(they will be happy to do so if only to stop you scraping their own "pride and joy")

It is far easier to get some knowledge the cheap way (by asking) rather than the expensive way

(by doing something wrong and having to pay to have something fixed).

Good luck with Beginners Luck.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

The "fick" ones are those who don't bother to ask, or who think they already know everything and don't need to ask.

There is a wealth of knowlege in the forum so use it

Look back through some of the old posts on the forum and you will find all sorts of people asking all sorts of questions

and usually getting all sorts of answers, but usually helpful ones.

If in doubt ask! (we are a friendly bunch here!)

If still in doubt ask again...

If all ask fails ask if there is someone based near your boat who could come over and explain a few things

or show you how to do something that you are unsure of.

if you are completly new to boats then ask for someone to show you the basics of boat handling before you try it on your own.

(they will be happy to do so if only to stop you scraping their own "pride and joy")

It is far easier to get some knowledge the cheap way (by asking) rather than the expensive way

(by doing something wrong and having to pay to have something fixed).

Good luck with Beginners Luck.

Martin

Martin,

I used to live in Harlow!!! moved to Farnham in Stortford and up here about 3 1/2 years ago......fancy that ey?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My boat has been Pilgrims Way, Broadlands Chaplain and is Currently Ring of Brightwater (Often Shortened to Brightwater)

I used to own a boat called White Lady

The Lifeboat we have is Jean Ryall,

I've seen some fairly good names about on boats such as Don't Panic!!! (Upside down!)

My boat has been Pilgrims Way, Broadlands Chaplain and is Currently Ring of Brightwater (Often Shortened to Brightwater)

I used to own a boat called White Lady

The Lifeboat we have is Jean Ryall,

I've seen some fairly good names about on boats such as Don't Panic!!! (Upside down!)

Hi Scot

the White Lady wouldn't have to have been this sealine would it???

http://horning.org.uk/boatsearch.php?page=search&search=yes&RegNo=12465&href=1&current=no

Jonny ice sliceice slice