New Owners, The Reedcutter Inn, Cantley

arsenalrules

Hello there, we are the Millbanks family and have just taken over the Reedcutter Inn, Cantley from the 1st June. The pub is very inviting and we look forward to welcoming everyone that comes in or walks by.

We aim to please everyone, we greet all with a smile and warm welcome, nothing is too much trouble.

We have started a new menu from the 8th of August and sell very high quality food at respectable prices, always top quality ingredients, with most dishes homemade. All orders are freshly prepared to order.

We stock a wide range of real ales from all over the country, a few brands being Woodfordes, Humpty Dumpty, Cottage Brewery, Wolf Ale and Uncle Stewarts. We have also been bringing many proper ciders from devon and other various places too.

The restaurant seats 36, and the bar seats around 20 with dogs welcome in the bar, and a vast beer garden with seating for over 100 people. There are also plenty of benches on the banks so you can sit gazing across the broads.

Wwe have a darts board, and a free to play bar billiards table and sky tv for all the up and coming sports. There are electric hookups for boaters for over night stays and can fill up on water for a small charge. We also have 2 bed and breakfast rooms, a double and a twin, at £30 for single, or £55 for double including breakfast.

The fishing is excellent from our moorings, tuition available to novices at quieter times.

We also sell a range of fishing tackle, groundbaits, and maggots...also have a provisions section if you need milk or bread, or forgotten to bring your toothpaste etc, we look forward to meeting and greeting you all.

We are holding a Beer Festival all over the bank holiday weekend right through from the Friday to Monday. There will be 17 ciders on offer as well as 12 real Ales, amongst all the other spirits and lovely things to drink. Music on the Friday and Saturday night have been confirmed. Don't be afraid to double or triple moor if need be.

Thankyou, Kerri Millbanks

• Like 2

Hi Kerri. Welcome to the forum. Visited in mid July and noticed some of your improvments, especially on the food front. The one thing that really impressed us was your wonderful welcoming smile which I wish I could bottle!

Fred

ps Everton rules

Hello Kerri,

Welcome to the forum and please feel free to keep us posted on your venture.

I have yet to visit the Reedcutters but I am down on the Southern Rivers in September so I will call in and see what you have to offer.

We are a friendly forum and as such allow commercial members to join and get involved.

The Norfolk Broads is loved by many people who wish to get involved in the many pursuits that the Broads have to offer but without the pubs, restaurants, shops and businesses that make up the Broads it would be a sorry place.

Should you wish to advertise with us with a banner on the site please contact Jonzo who will be more than willing to help you.

Regards

Alan

Hi Kerri

A warm welcome to the Forum from me too.

Many thanks for the update, I will look forward to calling in but sadly probably not until December now.

As an ale fan I’m very pleased to see that you are selling a good selection of beers as well as the usual Woodfordes. I am a big Humpty Dumpty fan as well as Wolf and Uncle Stuarts  I don’t know if you have considered Tipples? but they are just up at Acle, so not far away. Fine beer too. Good to see you selling real cider as well. I’m sure that it will be very popular, it certainly will be with my better half!!

Hope things go really well for you which I’m sure they will.

All the best cheersbar 

• Like 1

Hi Kerri, welcome to the forum!

Thank you for letting us know about the change of ownership. A poor experience a couple of years ago has meant I haven't stopped at the Reedcutters since, but I shall certainly do so now!

Ah I am sorry to hear that but hopefully look forward to seeing you in the near future :)

Hi Kerri. Welcome to the forum. Visited in mid July and noticed some of your improvments, especially on the food front. The one thing that really impressed us was your wonderful welcoming smile which I wish I could bottle!

Fred

ps Everton rules

Thankyou, that is lovely to hear. plenty still needs doing but with the summer being so busy its hard fitting everything in. We will get there :) Hope to see you again soon

Hello Kerri,

Welcome to the forum and please feel free to keep us posted on your venture.

I have yet to visit the Reedcutters but I am down on the Southern Rivers in September so I will call in and see what you have to offer.

We are a friendly forum and as such allow commercial members to join and get involved.

The Norfolk Broads is loved by many people who wish to get involved in the many pursuits that the Broads have to offer but without the pubs, restaurants, shops and businesses that make up the Broads it would be a sorry place.

Should you wish to advertise with us with a banner on the site please contact Jonzo who will be more than willing to help you.

Regards

Alan

That is very true! Well we will look forward to welcoming you in September. Have a few drinks and a chat :)

Hi Kerri

A warm welcome to the Forum from me too.

Many thanks for the update, I will look forward to calling in but sadly probably not until December now.

As an ale fan I’m very pleased to see that you are selling a good selection of beers as well as the usual Woodfordes. I am a big Humpty Dumpty fan as well as Wolf and Uncle Stuarts  I don’t know if you have considered Tipples? but they are just up at Acle, so not far away. Fine beer too. Good to see you selling real cider as well. I’m sure that it will be very popular, it certainly will be with my better half!!

Hope things go really well for you which I’m sure they will.

All the best cheersbar 

Thankyou, I will pass the message on to my Dad as he deals with the brewery side of things. You may see Tipples when you're next in! we have a few fruity ciders from devon amongst the scrumpy and ones inbetween so will have to see what you guys can get through! :)

Hi Kerri

Welcome to the forum & good luck with your new venture.We will call in early Sept to sample your beers,ciders & food. Your forum name suggests you are an Arsenal supporter-never mind I support Man Utd-born & bred in Manchester & my wife supports Liverpool

Boycee

:band

Kerry,

I was all set to visit this weekend when I noticed your member name 'arsenalrules' so I will have to delay until we come in to watch Chelsea see you off!!!!!

Good luck with the pub, but not the footie.

Mike O

HAHA, hopefully see you this weekend :) don't think we play you until late December, you have a good chance this year.

Hi Kerri

Welcome to the forum & good luck with your new venture.We will call in early Sept to sample your beers,ciders & food. Your forum name suggests you are an Arsenal supporter-never mind I support Man Utd-born & bred in Manchester & my wife supports Liverpool

Boycee

:band

Thankyou very much, will look forward to seeing you. oh yes, arsenal through and through :)

Hi there Kerri, welcome to the forum, Im  a newbie myself & still finding my way around here but theyre a very helpful & friendly bunch!! Good luck with the Reedcutters,  we haven't been in there yet but will try to call in when were on the broads in late sept/early oct!!

• Like 2

Hi there Kerri, welcome to the forum, Im  a newbie myself & still finding my way around here but theyre a very helpful & friendly bunch!! Good luck with the Reedcutters,  we haven't been in there yet but will try to call in when were on the broads in late sept/early oct!!

Thankyou very much. will be lovely to see you, please do pop in and say hello :)

Thankyou. It would be lovely to see you, please pop in :)