Broom Pennant

• 3 months later...

Hi

The Broom Owners Club do have club burgee and house flags, three different styles, at £12.50 each +P&P £1.00.

But I think you have to be a member before you can buy because you can't get to the order page without a login.

They don't appear to have just 'Broom logo' ones though. I'm still looking for that, but will ask Broom when I go on a trip round the factory in October.

I've joined them and it looks to be well organised.

John.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi

We went in to Brooms today (by car) and they do sell them, a traditional red and white one and a 'modern type' in grey and white.

I think they are both the same price at £12.58 inc vat.

I opted for the traditional red and white one which will be on 'Braveheart' when we are out and about.

We are still waiting for our 'Broom Owner Club' one to arrive, 3 weeks and counting :unsure: .

John. 

We got both the traditional one and the modern one.

A very kind forum member BB gave me the traditional one which does confuse some people as they seem to think it's a turkish flag lol and as for the modern one we got that foc at the boat show and managed to get a broom owners club bottle opener which works a treat.

Hi

Well after thinking this is a long time to wait for the Broom Owners Club burgee to arrive it arrived in the post next morning :clap .

Have to say it is a very nicely made burgee indeed, best I've ever seen :trophy . Very well worth the wait.

We were down at the boat yesterday getting it ready for the season and I put up the new flags and they looked a treat.

Don't forget that the RYA Flag Etiquette states that you raise your flags at sunrise and lower them at sunset, including the Red Ensign and you should not leave them out when not on board. As a side effect they should last you ages if store in the dry on board.

Why fly the Broom (or other club flags) flags, simply a pride in my vessel and belonging to the group.

I do agree lots of people thing the Broom flag is the Turkish Flag!!, even more fun is me flying a Cuban Flag as a courtesy flag :lol:

John.

• 2 years later...