Attitude

10B

Just seen a hire boat come in to moor, hit another hire boat!

I heard him apologise, the reply was, don't worry it's not my boat.

What a lovely attitude.

ps.First time of using one of those new machines that work away from home.

IT'S MAGIC!!!!!

Yes I agree a disgusting attitude, we always treat our hire boats as if they were our own, we clean them from top to bottom on our last day even better than I do at home lol

It reminds me of an incident a couple of years ago, we had just finished our holiday and were looking on Suncharm in view to hire her for the next year, there was another couple on board who I assumed were doing the same, I made a comment about how filthy the last people had left it and that I would never dream of doing such a thing, she then informed me that they were the last people to use it and were just checking they hadn't left anything, talk about foot in mouth syndrome lol

Just can't understand this type of attitude that it doesn't belong to you so who cares

Grace

• Like 5

"Just can't understand this type of attitude that it doesn't belong to you so who cares."

Quite agree Grace, I can't fathom it either.

Talking about foot in mouth syndrome, here's a couple of mine over the years.

"Hello ????? I saw your mother this afternoon." it was his wife and we are still friends, even if he does support Lancashire! ;)

"Look at that silly little twit over there." "That silly little twit is my husband." Ouch! Deserved ouch really. Funnily enough we also became friends, but I must be careful to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground when meeting new people. :eek:

Keith :)

• Like 1

Keith, just brilliant lol

There was another mum I used to chat to at the school gates when picking our kids up after school and she was very heavily pregnant, I hadn't seen her for a couple of weeks and bumped into her at our kid's open evening, she was sitting on a chair outside the classroom and I said to her "you've not had that baby yet then" she replied yes and that she had given birth last week, she doesn't talk to me at the gates anymore.

Mean't to add in my last post that I heard the woman mutter to her husband "why should I clean up that's part of what we pay Richardsons for" unbelievable really

Grace

• Like 2

Mean't to add in my last post that I heard the woman mutter to her husband "why should I clean up that's part of what we pay Richardsons for" unbelievable really

Grace

In Holland, you are quite rightly told that if you don't return the boat how you found it then you won't get your deposit back until after they've cleaned it and subtracted that amount from your deposit!  :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

• Like 3

Hi Gracie.

I would love to have seen that woman's face if they found the boat as filthy when they went on board as they way left it.

I taught my own kids and my step-kids to always leave a boat or any holiday accommodation how they would like to find it.

• Like 1

Hello Grace and All, I agree when we hired. On the last afternoon we would clean the boat, the fridge and the cooker. In side and out. Then in the pub, which normally would be the Woods Ends, as we hired out of Brundall. Some people are so dirty and do not respect what is not theirs.

That is why we will not hire our boat out to others ( apart from our son Alan ).

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

• Like 1

Spot on Jeff, her face would have been a picture I would think.I also teach my boy's to respect other peoples property, they have a bit of a moan on clean up day on holiday though bless em.

Marina, good to know you trust Alan with cleaning up the boat, you wanna teach him to have a bath more often though lol, sorry Alan couldn't resist :naughty:

Grace

• Like 1

Grace.. their boat has a bath... so that's one of my quarterly baths lol.

We we were filling up at brooms one of their lovely new cadet hireboats just came back and the guys there were inspecting a nice hole in the front.. god knows what you need to do to put a hole through it.. poor thing... l