Emergency 112

littlesprite

I saw this on another site and make no apologies for stealing it.

It might already exist somewhere on this site but it was all new to me, so I make no apologies for repeating it.

this is very important information please spend a couple of minutes to watch the whole video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPZv_8dABfU#t=38

• Like 4

Thanks Martin.

An unbelievably crucial piece of information that every mobile phone owner anywhere in Europe should be made aware of.

I'm quite stunned that I've either missed it, or there has never been any widespread official advertising of those simple but vital facts.

All the cr*p that gets put out on TV, and yet this potentially life saving info is omitted.

Very informative, and something I will remember especially as my two holiday destinations are The Broads, and Cornwall.

The Broads are getting better with mobile coverage as I had no problem this time, but Cornwall is still very hit and miss....

:Stinky

Just one thing about the video, and maybe it's just me being picky, but when he said turn your back to the wind so you can be heard, he then said if no connection after 1 minute, turn round through 180 degrees because it could be your head getting in the way of the signal, this will put you facing the wind, so why not just swap the phone to your other ear when you re-dial..

:Stinky

• Like 3

Over a couple of beers i believe it was the Great Worthy Maurice Mynah who proffered some sage advice...'the first thing to do should Uncle Albert be in danger of drowning is to make sure you've not got your foot on his head'.

Seriously though, two bits of advice I can pass on to others coping with the elderly or infirm on board a boat is contact a local GP and get them to share notes with the home GP. Saves a lot of faffing about. Secondly, it took a while to locate one, but I bought one of those torches that has the yellow flashing beacon on top of it to help emergency services locate our boat in the dark. Later this year when I fit the navigation lights to Royal Tudor I will be adding a similar beacon to the mast as the torch has proved useful on occasion.

......but I bought one of those torches that has the yellow flashing beacon on top of it to help emergency services locate our boat in the dark. Later this year when I fit the navigation lights to Royal Tudor I will be adding a similar beacon to the mast as the torch has proved useful on occasion......

Yes, great little safety gadgets, I keep one in the car and one on the boat.

The bulbs are LED, so battery life is excellent, and the flashing lights are very bright indeed, even in daylight.

I keep the car one in the door pocket, just in case.....

I dread to think of suddenly coming up to a crashed car with people maybe trapped inside, and being powerless to help them.

It has a glass hammer point and a seat belt cutter as well, two things that could save a terrible situation.

Nine quid for two, delivered, via a UK Ebay selller.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-CAR-AUTO-AUTOMOTIVE-EMERGENCY-TOOL-GLASS-BREAKER-SEAT-BELT-CUTTER-TORCH-/371011350557?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item5661fff01d

post-195-0-87091700-1407915745_thumb.jpg