Name and shame

Wussername

To be contentious, I think the fining of this chap (in November) is over the top and particularly unfair given the amount of much more serious speeding that goes on unpunished all over the broads in the summer; a time when many more people are likely to suffer from wash spilling their G&Ts and much more damage is done to banks.

To be contentious, I think the fining of this chap (in November) is over the top and particularly unfair given the amount of much more serious speeding that goes on unpunished all over the broads in the summer; a time when many more people are likely to suffer from wash spilling their G&Ts and much more damage is done to banks.

I dunno.

Speeding is speeding, and the limits are set for the protection of the riverbanks as much to prevent Wally Huntingdon-Smythe spilling brandy on the silk doily.  If one does not think being caught for speeding is fair, don't speed.  Bad planning to get under a bridge is no excuse, just as the dog ate my homework isn't...... ;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Getting caught is understandable, if not right ( no one is perfect ) , getting caught , making excuses and carrying on is just idiotic

The geezer on the work boat ( or a mate of his ) is a regular speeder and I have seen this mobile tsunami a few times ,didn't worry us , but I would not have fancied being in a canoe as he passed !

• Like 1

Speeding.....

I was reading my "toys" hand book....

It has a retractable spoiler, that ... according to the hand book.... pops up at 75MPH, and goes back down at 50MPH....

Now.....

If I went by Mr Plod, on the motorway at 69MPH, (perfectly legal), but if my spoiler was up, and he read my hand book, he could think I had been speeding....

I had to check the hand book, and you can not see the spoiler from the driving seat....

But with the nice low sun, you can see the shadow, if you are going the right way....

I am a very safe driver.....

So I went down the A1 roof down, head looking over the side to see the shadow....

And it went up AT 75, so I phoned my Mrs, and told her....

She said really, can you see it now.....

So I put the phone to my other ear, put my drink down and told her I could...

That's when Mr Plod came up behind me....

He must have been speeding to catch up with me....

After I had pulled to the hard shoulder, he got out of his car.......

He gave me my hand book back and said....

YUP, IT GOES DOWN AGAIN AT 50........

:River Police

• Like 3

"So I put the phone to my other ear, put my drink down and told her I could...

That's when Mr Plod came up behind me...."

Thanks Geoff, I loved that.

Your "up" spoiler does indicate not that you are speeding but that you had been speeding.

gedoutta that one!

• Like 1