Name and shame

Wussername

I think it is rather a shame that this person, a fellow boater to us all, has been condemned so quickly.  No exact details of the incident are given, and the exact boat is not detailed. The person admitted the accusation, pleaded guilty to the Court, so basically he put his hands up and said sorry.  Does he really deserve the condemnation given out here.

When on the river I normally have a camera handy, on 14 - 09 - 2014 what I saw behind me seemed worthy of camera use. 

Until now I have chosen not to publish these photos, but perhaps now they should be seen, what does the " panel " think ?

post-411-0-09829500-1423170584_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-97332400-1423170622_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-08189500-1423170654_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-71108600-1423170692_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-37382200-1423170723_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-65156500-1423170753_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-54381200-1423170780_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-65937300-1423170808_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-23131900-1423170834_thumb.jpg

post-411-0-49812300-1423170862_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The skipper of the boat in the report said he thought he was in a 6mph limit.  Rubbish!!

That skipper also said he was rushing to catch the tide at Wroxham bridge.  More rubbish but the two points he raised were trying to justify his actions... which he obviously knew to be wrong.

Re your pics...

Question. Are BA work boats authorized to exceed the speed limits?

How fast was he going?

Swordfish - I think that he is obviously over the limit.  His craft is obviously producing excessive wash.

BUT  -  Not harming anyone and he is not passing moored craft (That I can see anyway) the Yare there is plenty wide enough for the banks to stand that wash imho without damaging them.  If he had passed 'B.A' doing that I would have probably smiled and waved. (Or raced him :naughty: )

Doing the same in a smaller river or passing moored craft - then that is a different call altogether

Just my thoughts

Griff

• Like 2

Perhaps if workboats are permitted to exceed the speed limit, it should be with the proviso that they do not create excessive wash, put others in danger or be liable to cause damage to banks or moored boats. I will leave others to decide whether any the above were the case in these pictures. Leave it to the lawyers to define the above. If they had passed me in such a manner I think I would not be best pleased.

Imagine being in a canoe and meeting him head on!  :Stinky    :cry  :cry   :River Police

Fish1   No there are no sunken canoes on the bottom here George, :eek:  Had we better try further up?

Fish1       Nowt here either.  These  pirate  think they can do what they like.

Alan, I hope you didn't end up in a field, not good for a boat, we ended up in a field in the middle of nowhere using a our sat nav but it was in a car and no I wasn't driving Lol

Grace

WE believe you Grace.....don't WE fellas :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Dash removal on the renault scenic is a relatively straight forward procedure  only involving the removal of approx 80 screws and about 3 hours labour , after using on your boat you could re-secure it with velcro allowing easier removal next time..... :grin:

• Like 1

I may have said this before.......A clever man will always get himself out of a situation that a wise man would never have got himself into in the first place, JM in my opinion is a very wise man :naughty:

Now back on topic, apologise to the OP, but the man was speeding so therefore breaking the law, simple

Grace

• Like 1

Dash removal on the renault scenic is a relatively straight forward procedure  only involving the removal of approx 80 screws and about 3 hours labour , after using on your boat you could re-secure it with velcro allowing easier removal next time..... :grin:

Fortunately, the boat I have hired this year has a Speed Indicator on it. But I stll check the banks to see if I am creating too much wash incase the tide is up my bahoochie! (stern)

Ah Grace, I see you werny long in Whipping JM back into shape! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

To tie the last few posts together, this work boat does speed past moored boats and has no concern for his wash, he made my Topcraft bounce around so much I spilt my G & T. He also completely ignored my loudly voiced request to slow down.

I then explained what a complete Richard Head I thought he was.

Could be worse, he could have a job driving on the roads.

• Like 1