Broadsventure XII back

C.Ricko

• 4 months later...

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing but as you say Ricko in the transition days from wood to GRP most fashionable people craved after plastic and chrome. Everybody seemed thoroughly bored with wood and old solid furniture. It must be remembered that whilst we look on the new materials used then as somewhat naff in those days they seemed fresh and exciting.

I agree everyone now days enjoys using plastic or chrome rather than Old solid furniture. I think it is because of the weight, we all know that Old Solid Wood furniture are lot heavier that chrome or plastic. But for me Old Solid wood furniture are harder than Chrome or plastic so it better to be used rather than the two.

The interior of Broadsventure is all varnished wood, some would say she is all classic and original...

NOT ORIGINAL!! she was built with the most modern laminates (yellows reds etc) and had aluminium trims with red inserts. nor my cup of tea either so she will not be finished like that, The wood burner and 3 seater sofa is not original either.. cheers

she is all wrapped up in the wet shed now for winter. xmas4

3 seater sofa clive,how did you get that through them small doors? did you manage to get anytime out on the rivers on her?

The sofa is still in my sitting room getting covered in kids food and hand prints :) I have not tried it through the door yet but will try my hardest before cutting it ;)

I only got out twice, one time to take her to Horning and once to take her back to Stalham, oh and a 20min trip with a mate..

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

You must be a mind reader Clive?, i was going to put up a post on this thread asking what, if anything, you`ve done to BV12 lately. Talking of restorations, are you interrested in a plan for an Elysian 34?. I`ve got an idea for one, but i don`t have the funds, so i thought you could do it and put it in the fleet ;);) . Regards and best wishes for a merry Christmas .......... Neil. xmas6xmas4xmas2xmas2

The sofa is still in my sitting room getting covered in kids food and hand prints :) I have not tried it through the door yet but will try my hardest before cutting it ;)

I only got out twice, one time to take her to Horning and once to take her back to Stalham, oh and a 20min trip with a mate..

i have one just the same mate my grand daughter has seen to that :lol: be back on suncharm in may clive. any chance of a look around bv if shes in the shed?

I am always happy to show people round as long as I am here and I have time.. I dont need much doing on her now but I have bought 16 boats from abroad which all need work to get in the fleet and also with the new builds and about 5 major rebuilds entering the fleet for next year I may have to put her on the backburner again for a few more months. However, I am confident I will be out on her next year.. cheers

I am always happy to show people round as long as I am here and I have time.. I dont need much doing on her now but I have bought 16 boats from abroad which all need work to get in the fleet and also with the new builds and about 5 major rebuilds entering the fleet for next year I may have to put her on the backburner again for a few more months. However, I am confident I will be out on her next year.. cheers

hay Clive

you could always get some of the female cleaners working on BV learn them some more skills like painting the sheds :naughty::naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
more boats clive :o when do start work on the new dyke?

Steady on Andy, Clive`s a married man, besides, Clive said she was`nt his type :naughty::naughty:;);):lol::lol: .

If any of the moderators find this post a little TOO extreme, please feel free to remove it. Regards ............ Neil.

What are the 5 major re-builds Clive?. I`l still be happy to send you a sketch of an Elysian 34 project if you want ;);) .

some of the ex Thames/ Hearts/ Horning boats which have been knocking about at Stalham for too long.

• 8 months later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I`d love to see a "Broadlander or Broadsventure" but built out of GRP?, any chance BV12 can be used as a plug Clive?. Go on, you know you want to ;););) . It`s about time someone started building traditional style boats again, but make em out of grp and fit modern interiors to them.

I`d love to see a "Broadlander or Broadsventure" but built out of GRP?, any chance BV12 can be used as a plug Clive?. Go on, you know you want to ;););) . It`s about time someone started building traditional style boats again, but make em out of grp and fit modern interiors to them.

Hi Neil,

I would love to but doubt the market is there, I would have liked the Bourne 40 mould before it was cut up and would have built boats to the powles design but with a better canopy and plush interior but thats only for thinking about, not doing ;);)

• 11 months later...

Got a Canopy made last year, It seems like i never updated this thread, :norty::norty:

I had a BSS this year so that I got some use out of her, she has mainly been used as an evening cruiser and a base for us at a couple of saily events :Sailing:Sailing

post-503-136713940093_thumb.jpg