Broadsventure XII back

C.Ricko

Hi Clive...

If only I'd looked after my money... :(

Was talking to Hoss earlier this year and he said that it was still in a restorable condition...if I get the lottery up shortly I'll give you a call and we can go down to the VWBA rally together...Year to be advised - This Next Sometime...Dreaming again :lol:

Terry

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, would`nt that be nice eh, £55,000,000?. To be honest, i`d be rather scared to win that much, as you would always be a target for the worst elements of British criminals. To be doublly honest, if i one £250,000 it would set me up for a reasonably comfortable life, but £5,000,000 would set up the rest my wife and i`s families, which is more important to me than just having it for my wife and i. HOWEVER, if i won that sort of money, i would commision a certain Norfolk boatyard to make a replica of a certain classic Broads cruiser, and make a mould of the hull, and have a GRP hulled + timber topped Broadsventure/Broadlander built. It would cost a fortune, but then, i would have a fortune, a very big one at that. Anyway, has there been any progress Clive?. Regards to all..................... Neil xmas6xmas2xmas4 .

no real major progress, we wired up the toilet last week, it is a new model and to test to see if we could risk one in the hirefleet we put a wetwipe in to it.

result? it blocked straight away!

To test it properly Clive, you need to use "A pound of mashed up Dundee cake" :grin:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Jimbo, i think a much better test would be to eat the dundee cake first. Very tasty, and test the Billydoo afterwards. And if you eat ALL the Dundee cake, nuts and all, you would probably be giving it a long term durability test too lol:lol:xmas4xmas2xmas6 . Regards to all.................... neil.

To test it properly Clive, you need to use "A pound of mashed up Dundee cake" :grin:

"this toilet is a saniflow 33 and this little babe can cope with anything and i mean anything. earlier on i put in a pound of mashed up dundee cake - let's take a look. not a trace - peace of mind im sure, especially if u have elderly relatives on board" :lol:

http://www.alan-partridge.co.uk/multime ... niflow.mpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just so that you all dont forget and that I dont forget about the ol' girl I we had a couple of hours connecting up the engine which is nearly done now :dance

as it was a sunny morning I decided to take a quick piccie so here it is :)

I have also got all the carpet sorted which was edgebound to make it easy to lift and not fray, she is starting to gradually come together :)

post-503-136713697354_thumb.jpg

tell you what that woods come out a treat every time you take a look those lines are breath taking mind you Clive you want to fire the chap who arranged your fenders :lol::lol:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

If we call in in 3 weeks time, i`d love to have a look clive, and at the RC45 as well :naughty::naughty::naughty: . Regards ................. Neil.

If we call in in 3 weeks time, i`d love to have a look clive, and at the RC45 as well :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: . Regards ................. Neil.

Hi Neil,

Just ask for me when you get here and I will show you about if I am here.

• 2 months later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, all these resto threads have gone very quiet, have you done any more to BV12 lately?. Please keep it going, as we`re all interrested to see any progress. Regards ................. Neil.

now that looks very nice clive. she seems to sit high in the water is this because shes empty or is it just me. saw one of brooms old admirals in horning the other week looked fantastic aswell. i love the old boats.. i bet your boat builders love getting to grips with this kind of project, got to be better then cutting lumps out of a grp moulds.

andy

Hi Andy,

I dont know why she sits so high, since that photo was taken the tanks have been filled and it is a bit lower but not enough, there are things to go in the aft end which may also help.

Some people love working on the wooden boats and others want to stay clean! it is horses for courses really, luckilly whatever jobs we have come up there are enough people who like that particular work to do it!

Broadsventure should be having her canopy fitted today, I will get a photo when it is a bit sunnier

Hi Andy,

I dont know why she sits so high, since that photo was taken the tanks have been filled and it is a bit lower but not enough, there are things to go in the aft end which may also help.

Some people love working on the wooden boats and others want to stay clean! it is horses for courses really, luckilly whatever jobs we have come up there are enough people who like that particular work to do it!

Broadsventure should be having her canopy fitted today, I will get a photo when it is a bit sunnier

Clive put some sand or cement in the bottom that might help curlew has :naughty::lol:

she can ride high or low still looks stunning :naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice slice