Broadsventure XII back

C.Ricko

Hey you lot, stop this naughtiness.... I am not strong at resisting temptation from these big old Aquafibres... this is not helping!

anyway, get back on topic and ask questions about Broadsventure.

There's nothing else for it Clive... you will have to start a new thread showing the transformation of the scruffy AF42 going through its improvements ready to return to the fleet, then this thread can carry on about that old wooden boat you have :naughty:

All the best

Dan

There's nothing else for it Clive... you will have to start a new thread showing the transformation of the scruffy AF42 going through its improvements ready to return to the fleet, then this thread can carry on about that old wooden boat you have :naughty:

All the best

Dan

shh Dan lad dont tell him that we dont want him working on all the ex fleet other wise i wont get a snifter of a bid in :roll:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice:grin:

P.s Clive have you took BV out for a little run yet??

probably, but where is your sense of adventure David? :naughty:

I could always call out the inshore lifeboat if I overheated at Sutton, :o

I guess you're right Clive, I'm sure you've got a stash of lumps somewhere if you cook that one, I think there's a new RNLI station at Sutton now due to the difficult conditions that have been recently identified there so you shouldn't have to wait long. :naughty:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, do you have any of the original layout plans from one of the catalogues, if so could you post them on here, along with a plan of how you intend it to be?. I seem to remember they had a lot of berths, but with a layout that had plenty of living space. Iremember (i think) Blue Diamond from Newsons was 43ft long and only slept 7, which had a double and two single in the after section along with a toilet and shower, and a double dinnette and settee fwd with another toilet and the galey fwd. That was in 43ft. What was Broadsventure like for space, if you can remember that is?. Regards, and let`s see some more photo`s soon................ Neil. xmas6

Hi Neil,

I dont have a plan with me, there may be one in a catalogue at work but all my old Blakes brochures got stolen years ago and I only have a copy which has had pictures cut out :cry

I am still not sure how she will be inside, the plan is still to get her on the water and use her as she is with the aft end as saloon but the galley is on the port side foreward, and there is a toilet opposite and double bed (nearly double) right up the front, but all this could change as it is a really bad use of space.

there is a plan to have some major work done in about two or three years to the apron and chine, also some bits and bobs which I had rushed before the winter so we may think about a rearrangement then.

Hi Jonny,

the engine is not wired up yet as I have not chosen which dials to use, mind you I dont need them for a test run we just need to put some diesel in and trade plates on.

you stick some oars out the windows & ill steer :grin::grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

quick question what sough of wood will you be using for the floor? or is the original stuff still good?

You are 'SPOT ON' Rod... :clap

The class were still in the building stage when the catalogues were being prepared in 66 for the following year hence the line drawing only...and of course being the only wooden hulled one of the class was the 'plug' used to form the hulls for the other 5

Terry :Stinky

I have to say BV & swan renown look fantastic

I notice it also has a sliding canopy will do you keeping with that tradition or using a canopy instead does look nice once down

Jonny ice sliceice slice

cheers Terry,

But that says Broadlander 1-4,. I have BV12, mind you they are both similar.

I like the modern retro look of all the white paint, it looks much better than all the dark varnished wood in there at the moment :)

that hull Powles hull is also the mother of our Great Gems and old Grand Gems, Gay Dawns etc etc etc,

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, Broadsventure/Broadlander and Silver stream.................... Absolutely STUNNING. :mrgreen: . I wish i had the money, but hey, euromillions is about£55,000,000 this friday, so we`re doing a syndicate. You never know Clive, you may be getting a call for your lads to do another one after Christmas (not Christmas) xmas6xmas4xmas2 Regards to all.................... Neil.

Hi Clive...

They certainly were similar...identical in everyway apart from the stem as I believe it was looked upon with superstition to have a 13th craft in the fleet of the same build and name... :norty:

Ref the 'free' project 42 footer...would it be the one that Lee and JJ are looking after which earlier this year that I was quoted as being available for c£2000?

Here is a pic for me to drool over and think what could be and hope that Neil hits the jackpot this friday cheerspost-499-136713624194_thumb.jpg

Terry :Stinky

the engine has since gone, she may not be free but I thought she was.

the apron is a little soft but apart from that, new decks beam shelves a few planks and work to the cabin roof and sides she will be ready to fit out. :grin: