Broadsventure XII back

C.Ricko

Hi guys,

Thanks for the good comments, I was not about but there was a boat pulled out before she went in so that is either the washing of that or sawdust thrown in the water before the launch..

Thanks for taking the pictures Colin, they are really good, nearly as good as being there!

there are still jobs to do, the floor is being put in the aft end, new floorboards in the front, the screens need fitting as do the cockpit doors and aft doors, I also have to think about designing a canopy.

Please do not panic, the ropes and fenders will be replaced before the summer :grin:

she did not take on much water on the launch and is taking up well. The weird thing is how high the aft end is floating out of the water, I realise the engine is not in but I am sure that the transom was only an inch above the water then we hauled her out :?

she did not take on much water on the launch and is taking up well. The weird thing is how high the aft end is floating out of the water, I realise the engine is not in but I am sure that the transom was only an inch above the water then we hauled her out :?

Clive maybe thats due to there being no water on the inside of the boat now :lol::lol:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

Hi Colin,

Thanks for putting the pictures up, I think I have worked out how to deal with them now but my phone at home is playing up so no internet!

Yes Barry, it is tar varnish, two very good coats of the stuff, it is probably why after all that time out of the water she hardly leaked at all.

I just love looking at varnished wooden boats that have been done well,Clive, just don't like working to keep them up to scratch.There is a nice varnished boat for sale at Horning boat sales near the Ferry inn.someone has spent a lot of time doing it up.nice.

Yes, but I started with a good one and I know of a bit of chine and the apron which will need doing in the next two or three years, I have covered them up as we ran out of time. :norty:

The other thing is I do have virtually every skill here all keen to do these jobs and some very very talented people who all work with each other, so apart from a little organising and fetching of bits and bobs they just got on with the job and I just said what I wanted.

Barry has a much harder task, he is outside and putting the effort in himself, he has also got a lot more to do but his efforts are really looking good.

Only a couple I'm afraid Jill and not very interesting at the moment. The first 2 are looking through the stern window and the last 2 are from the side after she was launched just to see if any vast amounts of water were getting through, there is a bit but not very easy to see.

post-353-136713598214_thumb.jpg

post-353-136713598248_thumb.jpg

post-353-136713598285_thumb.jpg

post-353-136713598317_thumb.jpg

Clive Thank you for those kind words, yes I do wish we were inside, I am hoping that we will go inside for February and March but this has yet to be confirmed.

Broadsventure is really looking the dogs doodars a superb effort by you and your team, that varnish finish is really excellent

:clapcheers .