New Cafe Bistro in Brundall

The East Hills Cafe Bistro opened it's doors last week. It is situated in Tingdene's Brundall Bay marina, above the marina office, in what used to be the club bar of the Brundall Motor Yacht Club, and is open to all. It is now owned by a Brundall resident and has been completely refurbished. There are plans for an outside seating area for the summer for those less able to climb the stairs up to it.

Sue and I popped in there for lunch last week for a break from cleaning the boat, and had a couple of baguettes. They were very tasty, and not too badly priced at £5.80 considering the location, served with salad and coleslaw.

More details on the website http://east-hills.co.uk/

• Like 3

That's good news Mark and in good time.

We were wondering where we could get something to eat when we come down on 25th. We will be early but won't get the boat till about 3 (Silverline)

Its years since we have been to Brundall and are not sure what facilities it has these days.

Thanks

I can't quite picture where this is, Is this near the NYA sales office on the top of that road?

We was only there the other week and didn't notice it but it does sound like a good addition to the area and would be a good stop like David said when waiting to pickup a boat and a luncthtime alternative to the pub. I'll certainly visit when I can work out where it is!! cheers

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

They were getting well on with when we came down for the season start weekend, I wondered when it would be finished, we only looked into the club once and they would not allow a syndicate membership so it was not for us.

I hope they do well.

David of course there is the Yare offering good priced meals, we have never had a bad meal there.

In the village is Budgens mini supermarket which stocks most items and is not overpriced, includes the post office, good hardware shop. Brian Ward's (chandlers) is on the right before you cross the level crossing, more than likely you will have to wait to cross, there are over 90 trains per day stopping or going through the station.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

I can't quite picture where this is, Is this near the NYA sales office on the top of that road?

We was only there the other week and didn't notice it but it does sound like a good addition to the area and would be a good stop like David said when waiting to pickup a boat and a luncthtime alternative to the pub. I'll certainly visit when I can work out where it is!! cheers

Hi Alan

Yes, it's just past the NYA sales office. Just turn left into the marina and drive down past NYA. The car park is on the opposite side, and East Hills is above the Marina Office. You can't miss it, as it has a big banner on the side now.

• Like 3

I did notice on Monday that Brooms now advertise visitor moorings. They are by the side of the fuel quay and look like they would only available when the hire boats are out. Private boats can always call up Tingdene for an overnight mooring if there's one available, and hire boats should be able to use any of the hire yards in Brundall I would guess. 

The sign doesn't state private or hire craft so I would guess either, since they are affiliated with Hoseasons, but it would be best to check I think. I know it's a bit pricey at around £18 per night with electric.

• Like 2

I did notice on Monday that Brooms now advertise visitor moorings. They are by the side of the fuel quay and look like they would only available when the hire boats are out. Private boats can always call up Tingdene for an overnight mooring if there's one available, and hire boats should be able to use any of the hire yards in Brundall I would guess. 

Hi Mark, those visitor moorings are right beside Lightnings mooring, and they have to move her about to get their fleet out. I`m surprised they have`nt got better more open moorings for the fleet,boats, and visiting hirecraft.