Name the Dinghy...

JawsOrca

Ok so I give up and I'll register the dinghy on the BA.. I've checked with my insurance company and even for third party insurance they want me to put poxy "T/T Orca "stickers on it so it will now be used with Orca. Whilst I'm putting stickers on it we may as well give it an informal name... So here goes please help me name the dinghy!

Don't forget Orca is named after the boat from the Jaws film (Dave did it.. it was either that or Arrabella from a poxy black and white film about a pier?!). So it will be good to have a Jaws/Shark/Fish theme here:

First ones which jump to mind are:

Sharky

Bruce (From wiki Bruce was the name given by the film crew for the mechanical shark used during filming, but I'm not sure many people will get this).

Over to you guys.

• Like 2

..... I've checked with my insurance company and even for third party insurance they want me to put poxy "T/T Orca "stickers on it so it will now be used with Orca......

I'd say it was your insurance company that is Poxy....  :)

My cruiser is insured with Craftinsure, and they were happy to include two other powered dinghies and two canoes, fully comp, and no requirement for a "tender to" label, nor even for them to be used with the cruiser.

They are full insured for separate use, and it only added about £20 total to the premium for the cruiser.

I'm liking the replies though guys! I admit in a blond way lol I didn't know the Shark was called Jaws  :dunce:  So Jaws I think it's first but if anyone has a funnier one let us know!

That's strange Strowager.. I'm with Craftinsure and they have asked for this but included it free of charge on the main policy (They've also asked for the series numbers of the outboard and instructed that anti-thief devices are fitted.) I guess you may have insured yours separately. I don't mind putting stickers on it really as it's been sitting in storage for some years and it's an excuse to use it :)cheers.

Little Bite

Light Bite

:)

We have just been through the same exercise,

The Medway boat ( Ellie Knight ) is named after the first two grandchildren.

This year saw the arrival of a new grandaughter, Annie.

We also have acquired a ready made grandson, Riley.

I am not about to rename Ellie Knight.

I now have two dinghies,

Little Annie and Riley Rocket.

:)

• Like 2

I like the Jaws & Orca combo

It just works for me

Got to say Jaws is my all time favourite film. I remember queuing for ages to see at the cinema when it came out (you had to in those days.....no multisceens)

Think I went to see it about 8 times

• Like 2