Oulton Moorings

ChrisB

I am sure Peter or someone local can anser this.

Is Broadland Holiday Village owned by the marina group Tingdene?

If so are there permanent moorings to be leased there?

Good morning to all.

Chris.

Have you seen this:-

(Info obtained from Susan on site back in 2009 so obviously way out of date but you could try ringing the phone number below)

OULTON BROAD

Broadland Holiday Village
Prices 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2010:-
£35.07 per foot (stern / bow on)
£44.85 per foot (side-on)
Minimum 20ft
Location (Google Earth copy/paste):-
52°28'17.02"N, 1°42'13.83"E
(Marsh Road ~ NR33 9JY)
Tel: 01502 573033
info@broadlandvillage.co.uk
http://www.broadlandvillage.co.uk
Site facilities:-
Bungalows and caravans for hire
Clubhouse (with bar food and Sunday lunchtime carvery)
Indoor pool, sauna and fitness studio at special rate
Very pleasant location, with play areas, pubs and restaurants situated on and around the Broad
ADDED for 2009 (with thanks to Susan)

Steve

The Holiday Village is still owned, I believe, by the Catchpole family, a local business. Vacant moorings are about as rare as black slingbacks in Essex. In the past, & I suspect in the present, there is and certainly has been a l-o-n-g waiting list.  

• Like 1

There were new looking Tingdene signs (which I didn't notice last year) when we went over a few weeks back.. Looks a pleasant spot though, we did consider it but the public footpath through it put us off. cheers

Interesting, one of the Catchpole family walks past my house most days, will have to ask. One of the brothers died a while back so Tingdene could have bought it. Would have thought it was way to small for them though.

• Like 1

My interest is purely academic but I have always considered it an excellent spot should I decide to base myself southside at some point.

I also did not realise that Tingdene were in to holiday villages and "lifestyle" parks but it seems they are in quite a big way.

Reckon Alan has nailed it! 

I am surprised but there we are.

Looked at the advert and, subsequently, have asked Tingdene why they call the Broads a National Park when, legally, it is not one. 

I really am surprised JM that you would ask such a question :naughty:  Errr quite right too IMO!

cheers Iain

• Like 1

I really am surprised JM that you would ask such a question :naughty:  Errr quite right too IMO!

cheers Iain

cheers Iain

The subject might be old hat on the forums but since it's on my backdoor I intend to take this one on. Tingdene, I'm on my way! 

• Like 2

The National Parks Staff annual conference was held there last weekend.

Maybe Tingdene were listening through the keyhole.

If they liked what they saw it could now be signed sealed and delivered.

I wonder if they will seek to expand the marina side of the business as this must be the groups core revenue stream.

I can only see that they can do that by buying up their neighbours to the East. Their site is adjacent to a Ramsar SSSI nature reserve & conservation area plus their mooring backs onto a flood wall that I doubt the EA will want to see moved. A neighbour, to their West, sought to create a marina immediately alongside the site and that was thrown out at appeal.

The National Parks Staff annual conference was held there last weekend.

Maybe Tingdene were listening through the keyhole.

If they liked what they saw it could now be signed sealed and delivered.

Can't make it something it isn't! Even the BA admits that the Broads is NOT legally a National Park.

Not wishing to go off subject but I do find this whole "Brand Partner" business slightly worrying.

I can imagine all sorts of business ploughing money into NPs in order to ingraciate themselves when there is a conflict of interest between the perceived aims and objects of an NP and their aims be they energy, development or retail.

• Like 1