NBN are pleased to announce the 2015 Photo Competition

BroadScot

Hi guys sorry im away on the boat struggling to get a signal and text and drive lol. At present you cant see submitted pics but ill do this when im home :) bryan try again. I may have to help when im home though.

Hey, no stress dude - we can wait until you're landlocked again - wouldn't want to detract for a second from your fun!

(Even tho I am green with jealousy that you have your OWN BOTE.. )

Hi Alan/Jonzo

I am using a Mac running OS X 10.10.4 and the browser is "Safari" 8.0.7, I have also just tried with "Chrome" but still the same result.

One of the files I am trying to upload is a JPEG 15.8MB 3934 x 2781, this was originally an ".ORF" (RAW) file which has been processed and cropped in "Affinity Photo".  My upload speed is about 9Mbps so I don't think it can be a "time out" issue.  I have tried with other files about the same size but all give the same result.

Its all very technical isn't it! Anyone remember the days when you just used to point and press and then have a nice relax moored in the yacht station while Boots did their stuff?

Of course they always came back with a red tint or with heads chopped off but those were the days eh...

• Like 4

Hi John/Alan

I've just done the conversion in "Lightroom" (slightly smaller crop 4MB, 2782 x 2150), exported to a JPEG and uploaded successfully so it could be that "Affinity Photo" is doing something non-standard to the JPEG.

I will upload my others from a "Lightroom" conversion for now.

Hi John/Alan

I've managed to upload 3 pictures but the fourth one I tried failed as before, all these were processed in "Lightroom" but I have noticed that those processed in "Affinity Photo" are much larger in terms of file size (MB).

If Alan can help when he returns it would be appreciated since I prefer the ones processed in "Affinity Photo"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

See attached the current submissions.. although clearly some brilliant pictures it's still an open competition!!

So upload any pictures you have taken already!

Upload here:

http://calendarcompetition.thenorfolkbroads.net/

Come on happy snappers, as a certain Norwich City owner would say...Lets be having ya! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Hopefully e mailed 2 Piccies from the northern broads

Thanks for this.. Sadly they are just too narrow.. The printers need 2500 pixels width .. these are 2000.. I've not got an ipad, perhaps see if you can increase the settings on there to take larger image settings. Hopefully some apple experts can help advise :( 

Thanks for trying and sending the pictures over though. cheers